Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I photoshopped (badly, I know:rolleyes: I just couldn't get rid of all the purple...) a black wheel, and was wondering what the general concensus is on black wheels, for a black car. So, please let me know what you think. I want to stay away from ricey looking wheels. Personally I like the look of the factory wheel. Is it possible to have our wheels redone in a black chrome? What kind of guesstimate in price would you think that might cost? If you have a link to a black wheel that you like or have, could you please post it?

sorry for the many questions and thanks for your input,
Jake

·
Registered
304 Posts
Personally, I dislike black rims. Perhaps it is because I'm a clean freak when it comes to rims always keeping them looking clean/bright. Having black rims always leaves me with that site of when cars lose hubcabs that cover that basic rim behind it. Or even worse, when those rice burning crap cans take all their hubcaps off to signify them getting new rims in the near future (then replacing them one at a time :lol: )

But anyway, I'm ranting now. But yea, never liked black rims on a car, regardless of the car's color.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok... well what about this??

I really want to stay away from the chrome. I dunno, I just feel that too many people have chrome. (I feel the same way about a chromed engine, its just been done to death:eek: )

BTW, I really appreciate the input thus far, keep it coming.

thanks,
Jake

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
raven1124 said:
If you get bored, photoshop some silver TSW Nogaro's. I love those and I'm thinking about getting some.
here ya go..... Please excuse my poor photoshop skills :(

it should give you an idea anyway...
Jake

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
nineball481 said:
I really want to stay away from the chrome. I dunno, I just feel that too many people have chrome. (I feel the same way about a chromed engine, its just been done to death:eek: )

BTW, I really appreciate the input thus far, keep it coming.

thanks,
Jake
The argent color of those wheels is cool. You can have that added to any wheel -- so don't limit yourself based on that. Johnny Be Good here has a shop on Long Island -- and he knows all about that stuff. Look around http://www.boydcoddington.com and see if there are any patterns there that you like. The thing is that they custom build wheels -- so they can get the offset right -- as well as powder coating stuff.

Overall, that's an OK wheel -- but the rather square transition from the spokes to the rim kind of ruins it for me. That said, I've seen much, much worse. That said, the GTO has a rounded, rather European shape -- so look for a wheel that compliments it.

Since that photo is from cardomain.com, have you looked around there for other ideas? Also check the gallery here. Good luck. And go with 18's.

·
Registered
233 Posts
muthstryker said:
black w/ chrome lip is awsome if you can find a good wheel that looks good
:agree

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.