Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I washed my goat, and after it sat in the hot sun for a little while, I noticed some moisture in the driver side tail light. I went to lock the car up, and the driver side blinker light flashed like normal to indicate that it was locked. Instead of going back out, the bulb stayed on. I initially thought that the water in the tail light was the culprit until I saw that the front bulb and the instrument cluster indicated the light was still on, too. I unlocked the car, and the light remained on. Then when I turned the turn signal to that side thinking it might blip it back to acting right, you could hear the solenoid click once and then stop. The passenger side is functioning fine. I figured out that if I bump the hazards on and off it seems to remedy the issue for the moment. I also tried unlocking and locking which works. Also hitting the lock button again will sometimes make it go out. Once I get the light to go back out, I have no issues with using the turn signal on that side while driving. It seems to function fine. I have yet to have it happen after engaging the turn signal itself. It seems to only take place when I lock the car. I appreciate any and all input. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Looking at the wiring, the only common link to the problems seems to be the Hazard/Theft Indicator Relay
inside the Body Control Module (BCM). If it is bad, you will have to repair/replace the BCM (UGH!)
If it is bad, you could remove the Hazard Lamps Fuse (15A) and you will lose your 4way hazard lights and
the flashing of the hazard lights when the alarm goes off.
First check the wiring behind the glove box for chaffing against the body panel. This is a common problem
and a lot of the BCM wiring is in that harness.

Larry

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Ive also had issues with locking and unlocking the car with the remote and that also points fingers to the BCM if im remembering the troubleshooting ive read. Maybe all I haft to do it patch up some wires and be done with the gremlins that this car throws at me from time to time. Hahaha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled the glove box and unplugged the wiring harness going to the BCM. The section that was rubbing only cut through the bundling tape and put a small scratch in the insulation of one of the wires. I wrapped gorilla tape around that area and then over that support bar I taped over it. That should keep it from causing any damage. I have yet to have the issue with the blinker or getting my car to unlock or lock. Hasn’t been very long and no damage to the wires makes me think its a coincidence, but maybe unplugging the quick connects cleaned off some corrosion that might have been causing the issue.

·
Registered
383 Posts
BCM. They all fail at some point. The last time my bcm took a poop i thought my key fob was dead. Got a pop-a-lock to get the door open. The alarm would start and wouldnt turn off, and there was no control of the windows, locks, ect. I sent the BCM into a place called G7computers. They found and fixed a hardware failure and mailed it back. That was $250.
Before i found that company, i talked to my local GM dealership. They wanted $1000 for a BCM and $400 to program it to my car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I send it in to be repaired would I still need it to be programmed to my car again? Or would it still be linked?

·
Registered
383 Posts
If I send it in to be repaired would I still need it to be programmed to my car again? Or would it still be linked?
thats the greatest part. You’re using your same bcm so there is no need to have anything programmed. The BCM into them. They fix it in a day and ship it back. If they cant fix it they refund ur money. Www.g7computers.com

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Here is more info on the problem. Seems to be a common problem on Holdens.
You can replace the relay in the BCM with one of these numbers:
tyco V23072-C1061-A108
tyco V23072-C1061-A308
HFKM 012-SHS 12VDC Hongfa

Write up pdf attached

Larry

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts