Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More......:party: Note the smoothed and contoured fire wall. We did a lot of alteration there. This was done to accomodate the Vintage Air (lack of heater box), and a larger, slightly recessed tranny tunnel ( we were able to set the motor 2 inches back, and install a larger 4L80e tranny)...paint soon!:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John, Thanks!...me too. I can't beleive how much time/work the guys are putting into this car...it looks almost fake. They also filled some factory seams for me ( a little custom touch). I am VERY happy so far! Definately a skillfull team at Thriftway Auto body!!!!!!:cheers

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bat, Thanks...I am hoping for paint in about a week or 2. Then electrical (me)...then engine/drive train (me and Richie). After that, off to the upholstery shop for some alterations inside. .....so YES I am hoping for a test ride but it'll probably be late fall/early winter. Eric

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Bat, Thanks...I am hoping for paint in about a week or 2. Then electrical (me)...then engine/drive train (me and Richie). After that, off to the upholstery shop for some alterations inside. .....so YES I am hoping for a test ride but it'll probably be late fall/early winter. Eric
Lookin' good..........

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Gents...it's gonna be Black, with a red leather interior...and lots of chrome, polished stainless, and polished aluminum......

·
Registered
668 Posts
Nah, block sanding is the fastest part of building a car! Well if it takes you a month to do plugs or a brake job then it would be faster.

Looking good, if you miss anything the black paint will point it out for you once the clear is on. :)

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Alky,The 'problem' is: when you finish a project (ha ha), you always say shoulda done this, etc.....My other problem is time: it is NOT on my side!:cheers Eric P.S. My needs are simple, I just wanna CREMATE a set of rear tires!!!!!!!:lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking Good!!

just wanted to say hope all goes well and good luck! my dad and i restored his 67 rag top when i was 13-17 we took our time ;) and i think it made me who i am today painter/bodyman.we got it done in time for my senior Prom too..i think we went to a dozen GTO conventions to get parts...good luck i hope she turns out awesome!!

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1224GTO, thanks for the kind words! I am hoping to move to the Sarasota area soon. I have a lot of family there. I kind of like Nokomis. :cheersEric

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Thanks Alky,The 'problem' is: when you finish a project (ha ha), you always say shoulda done this, etc.....My other problem is time: it is NOT on my side!:cheers Eric P.S. My needs are simple, I just wanna CREMATE a set of rear tires!!!!!!!:lol:
You could of bought a Veyron for the price of the car... :cheers
I think you have it covered on everything, car is incredible. Lucky you have the insight to just want to beat on it when it's done. If I drive mine I am paranoid of everything, and have to park it way away from others, and pisses me off when others park near me. Now it has a couple scratches, so getting better, but still a PITA to own. And I only have about $13k in mine, but first time I had a car painted really nice, and don't want it hurt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Eric if you are ever in the area let me know well haft to get a few drinks and cruise the key!! i'm like 5 mins from Nokomis!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts