Pontiac GTO Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Registered
Cameo Ivory 1967
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok, so we've got a singer/bassist, and a guitarist. I'm a drummer. 馃榿
We've got the makings of at least a power trio here.
Here's something I did with a couple friends back in the summer of 1998.

Bear
SWEET! I just bought an 8 piece Mapex kit with a Black Panther Snare! I have a full blown recording/ rehearsal studio (which my GTO sleeps in). I also have a killer Tama Superstar kit, from when they were great. But, I gave up the drums in the early 80's to start playing bass. Now I only ever play for some sport, but I always have a kit at home so that we dont have to set up and break down every week.

Dig the tune! My family owned a club and when I was a kid, GFR played there!

Registered
Cameo Ivory 1967
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Here's one of my inventions from my welding shop, which Im particularly proud of. Although this is just the prototype... It's a drum case for carrying all of the stands, cymbals, and cabling for the band, and it open up into a drum riser, with a fog machine, power conditioner, and cable snake built into the front of it.

Membranophone Drum Green Drumhead Idiophone

Automotive tire Drum Gas Machine Engineering

Premium Member
Lol Bear love yer video! That drummer is s real GFR guy!馃憤
Kool drum kit idea Army馃憤
Yep mostly all i play are big stock lefty necks i favor the reverse sound of them when strung, always had my necks customized some
I also have a Hendrix Voodoo Strat thats kool, exc to that are are an awesome Robin Trower Strat double signed by him, a cherry-red Es-345, Alvalrez steel Acoustic to round things out , many years ago i was the Amp repair guy in a music Store, way back then I came in handy to play and then repair too, fun times
Musical instrument String instrument String instrument Musician Musical instrument accessory

Registered
Cameo Ivory 1967
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I build and modify a lot of guitars and G&L has been making my signature basses for about 20 years now. Im a big fan of reversed headstocks as well. There a Fender, G&L, Music Man, and Rick section on the site. I also build pedal boards and pick guards (for a few famous musicians).

Plant Musical instrument Guitar accessory String instrument Tree

Administrator
Speaking of pick guards, a good friend of mine near Austin plays bass in several bands including at least one or two of his own. He's in the process of building his own bass, and asked me if I could help him with an idea he had for a custom pick guard. He's a huge Bettie Page fan, so I made this one for him, burying the image in the same SPI Clear I used on my GTO :)

Wood Sunglasses Goggles Font Eyewear

Premium Member
I build and modify a lot of guitars and G&L has been making my signature basses for about 20 years now. Im a big fan of reversed headstocks as well. There a Fender, G&L, Music Man, and Rick section on the site. I also build pedal boards and pick guards (for a few famous musicians).

View attachment 147566
Awesome stuff Army!

Registered
Cameo Ivory 1967
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Speaking of pick guards, a good friend of mine near Austin plays bass in several bands including at least one or two of his own. He's in the process of building his own bass, and asked me if I could help him with an idea he had for a custom pick guard. He's a huge Bettie Page fan, so I made this one for him, burying the image in the same SPI Clear I used on my GTO :)

View attachment 147586
That's sweet! Most of the basses that I play are heavy flake G&L's but no one makes PG's for them, so I make my own. I like 60's dune buggy paint and chrome...

Here's my process...

Registered

Registered
Eh. The skanky hot girls standing in front of a car usually makes me skip looking at the add all together. I figure the girl is there to distract the eye from a questionable car. Besides, I'm more of the girl next door type of guy. That's who my wife is and that's what I like. If they were going to use this ruse on me, they would put a nerdy girl in a lab coat holding a CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics in front of the car. I guess the chances of a shady car dealer using that approach is pretty slim.

For anyone who may know. The movie "She's All That" I like the before version of the heroin of the story before the jock made her hot, if you get my drift. I know,. I'm a strange guy but it's how I'm wired.

Premium Member
SWEET! I just bought an 8 piece Mapex kit with a Black Panther Snare! I have a full blown recording/ rehearsal studio (which my GTO sleeps in). I also have a killer Tama Superstar kit, from when they were great. But, I gave up the drums in the early 80's to start playing bass. Now I only ever play for some sport, but I always have a kit at home so that we dont have to set up and break down every week.

Dig the tune! My family owned a club and when I was a kid, GFR played there!
I'm late to the party here, but I play drums too so we can do the 38 special gig if y'all will have me. I still have my Ludwig kits, black smoke vistalite, made famous mostly by John Bonham. I used to haul them around in the GTO.

I have a beautiful 1960 Fender Jazzmaster as well, but unfortunately never learned to play guitar.
A girl I used to know would tease me with the joke: What do you call a long haired guy who hangs around with a bunch of musicians? A drummer.:confused:

21 - 40 of 45 Posts