Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brand new 2006, still in plastic when I bought it, just two weeks old. Both front struts (See below) puked their guts on my pristine garage floor. Pontiac is not aware of the problem but I'm reluctant to put on a replacement pair from GM (The struts are built by Monroe).

Thanx,
Russ

I saw the threads about strut rub but little on leaking struts. I'm new so this might be an old topic for you guys.
I pulled the wheels and had a look around. Another thread said the GTO has fluid filled strut bumpers that fail. I can't see what exactly is leaking because of the dust cover but the shocks seem to be working at this point so I suspect it's the bumper stop fluid. Guys is this common to all years? Old news?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Russ Schaeffer said:
Brand new 2006, still in plastic when I bought it, just two weeks old. Both front struts (See below) puked their guts on my pristine garage floor. Pontiac is not aware of the problem but I'm reluctant to put on a replacement pair from GM (The struts are built by Monroe).

Thanx,
Russ

I saw the threads about strut rub but little on leaking struts. I'm new so this might be an old topic for you guys.
I pulled the wheels and had a look around. Another thread said the GTO has fluid filled strut bumpers that fail. I can't see what exactly is leaking because of the dust cover but the shocks seem to be working at this point so I suspect it's the bumper stop fluid. Guys is this common to all years? Old news?
Russ hey man my name is jason and i also just got an 06 3 days ago and right when i got home from the dealer it was leaking bad. looked underneath and the struts were puking. it sucked. my dealer is putting new ones on it right now. i have heard that this was caused by being strapped down the tight on the trailers. but im not sure. mine didnt seem to be messing up for a lil while but then they just get worse and worse and u feel like ur in a boat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.