Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The KBB has finally released used car pricing on 2004 GTO's.

I'm sure you have all had "KBB printouts" tossed in your face when you go to trade in your vehicle. I personally HATE what this has done to the auto industry but right now this is how the game is played... so here are the numbers for an 04' GTO with low miles...

Trade-in value = 20,875 :eek:

Private sale = 24,155

Retail sale = 27,545

I think it is rediculous that there is a 7 grand markup on used cars...
especially one that is a year old with say... 2,115 miles on it. They take your keys, drive it from the back of the lot to the front of the lot, and suddenly its worth 7 grand more.??? what a crock of crap. :confused

I actually got an awesome price on my goat so I am in good shape but I still think the entire market is skewed heavily and is in the process of crashing just like real estate... and KBB has helped it right along.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The dealers in my area Birmingham, Al all use the BLACK BOOK for trades. My dealer has an 04 Red 6 speed used with 5,000 miles for sale. They want 23,000 for it. They are telling me the reason 04's resale is so low is because the 05 is out with a bigger motor and the demand for the 04 is soft. I was goingto trade my 04 for an 05 and they offered me 21,500 for my 3 month old 04 model. I was wanting to trade because it was in the shop for 42 days in the first 4 months. GM took it back today and swapped me a red 05. I had to pay a mileage fee and the price increase betwwen the 04 and 05. I hate that I had all the problems but at least GM treated me right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.