Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a how - to - guide I made for anyone that is interested in installing the HCB-30 Bluetooth Kit for our 05 GTO's. I still need to document on how to install the phone buttons, but I haven't ordered the buttons from hunter holden yet. As soon as I get them I'll post instructions.

Here is the link http://members.cox.net/05gto/interior

·
Registered
197 Posts
Cool Thanks Thats Funny They Will Sell The Button But Not The Kit I'm Going To Get A Bluetooth Phone Today Just For Use In The Gto How Long Does The Button Take To Come In?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GNX231 said:
I Can't Seem To Find A Way To Order The Phone Button How Did You Guys Get One?
Qty 1 - Bezel acsry sw - P/N# 92111641 trim kit
Qty 2 - Phone switch - P/N# 92172330 phone buttons
Qty 1 - Cover acsry sw - P/N# 92111637

This is what you are going to need.

Contact Info for Sean Beatty
Hunter Holden
603 Victoria Road
Ryde NSW 2112
www.hunterholden.com.au

(02) 8878 7878 Main
(02) 8878 7869 Direct
(02) 8878 9519 Fax
[email protected]

·
Registered
123 Posts
This great..! I'm on my second Bluetooth phone now. Had a T616 now have a razr V3..! Can't wait to start using it with the radio..! Should be awesome..!

Thanks... :party:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
w00t! Got the HCB-30 today. I also went for the HCE-16 Advanced Music Mute...gonna see if I can get that to work as well.

Waiting on the switches from Hunter Holden.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Groucho said:
w00t! Got the HCB-30 today. I also went for the HCE-16 Advanced Music Mute...gonna see if I can get that to work as well.

Waiting on the switches from Hunter Holden.
You shouldn't need the Advanced Music Mute. The Stock Headunit will automatically mute the Radio for you. Anyways, I just spoke with Sean today and he told me that he was shipping my switches out this afternoon. He also said he was shipping out those phone switches all over the US.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I am very eager to attempt this install. I have a Moto V600 and love my blue tooth headset, but having a fully integrated system in the car would be very cool.

I hate to ask a stupid question, but are the phone switches you are talking about the ones that are mounted just behind the T/C switch on the console? I have also seen someone using Holden phone switches that attach to the steering wheel rim somehow, but it does not look as cool and built in the car in my opinion.

Also, if you do not mind my asking, what kind of budget are you talking a bout for all the parts?

Thanks,

Brooks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I looked at Your directions on how to install the hcb-30 kit. Question, isn't there a microphone in the dash on the right side of the steering wheel? If so, can it be used?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alpine said:
I looked at Your directions on how to install the hcb-30 kit. Question, isn't there a microphone in the dash on the right side of the steering wheel? If so, can it be used?
No there isn't a mic in there. I believe the Monaros have one in there for there bluetooth setup, but I know some proplr on the other forum that tried putting a mic in there and they said the person on the other end of the line heard a lot of engine noise.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
skier757 said:
Hi,

I am very eager to attempt this install. I have a Moto V600 and love my blue tooth headset, but having a fully integrated system in the car would be very cool.

I hate to ask a stupid question, but are the phone switches you are talking about the ones that are mounted just behind the T/C switch on the console? I have also seen someone using Holden phone switches that attach to the steering wheel rim somehow, but it does not look as cool and built in the car in my opinion.

Also, if you do not mind my asking, what kind of budget are you talking a bout for all the parts?

Thanks,

Brooks.
yes the ones behind the T/C. You're probably gonna look at a $160 budget. The phone buttons come to $55 USD and the Bluetooth HCB-30 is about $90 off Ebay.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Hey Chris-- any chance on a how-to with the Holden buttons? they should be here any day now and I'm probably gonna try to do an install next weekend...

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Groucho said:
Hey Chris-- any chance on a how-to with the Holden buttons? they should be here any day now and I'm probably gonna try to do an install next weekend...

Thanks!!!
Definatley, I'm sure my holden buttons were shipped the same day with yours. Sean told me that he shipped them Monday evening, and it should be 6 - 7 days. So hopefully I'll have them Monday or Tuesday, and if that's the case then I'll post a How-To by Wednesday. I need to get these buttons done before this weekend. We're having a Goat Meet this weekend, at "GTO'S Bar and Grill" in Griffin, GA and some of the guys would like to see the install.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts