Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
I got mine from BMR for $90.00 but haven't put them on yet. Smitty's05gto has them on his with a 150 shot of juice and does 11.60's. Talking with him lead me to buy mine.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Suspention Mods on GTO

I've seen those as well. I just wasn't sure about how easy they were to ajust.

And besides the Front and Rear Sway Bar kit, what else can you do?

I would assume Rear Shocks & Front Struts. I'd be more interested in the Rear at this time, though I haven't seen any Rear Shocks spec'd... Anyone....?

:D

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mine are on order. I've got the M6 and this is supposed to virtually eliminate wheel hop. Everyone who has them give them a thumbs up. I havent heard or met anyone that said or wrote different. Big plus for the track. :cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
They did wonders for me...no more wheelhop at all. Install was pretty easy and the improvement is amazing!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I am ashamed to admit A) that I evidently have never accelerated hard enough, as I've never experienced wheel hop, and B) that I had no idea what the heck "drag bags" were.

·
Registered
143 Posts
At first I was Sceptical if they would work but I have installed them and :willy: I was impressed I got a couple of little chirps and i was well on my way down the track take about 2 1/2 hrs to install with the right tools and maybe a six pack to make it enjoyable.:D I ride around about 8 lbs of air all the time in them and for me the best pressure was 14 lbs at the track and you will know when they are pressured up because it is a rough ride!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Do the bags lift the rear of the car at all? With a full tank the quarters are about an inch off the tire. I don't want to lower the front to even it so wondered if the bags would do it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
yes the bags will lift the rear of the car if you have them pumped up to 16-20 lbs.but it doesn't move it more than about a half of an inch. but at that pressure the rear end is very stiff...very very stiff. if you drive around on 10 to 15 lbs it isn't to bad but enough to balance the gaps in the wheel wells it is gonna be pretty stiff. But on the up side... almost no axle hop at all and the weight transfer is great not much squat just stiff weight transfer. it will rock back and hook as well as it can!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks. I am trying to figure out how I am going to set up the suspension. I want a balance between drag and auto x. Most importantly I want a level car.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Have any A4s experienced wheel hop? I take off nice and semi-straight, just a little but swaying to tease the other cars, but no wheel hop. T/C on or off doesn’t matter. I know Smitty has them on his A4, but that’s a special case. When he hits fifty thousand miles they’re mainly a quarter mile at a time.

Anyway, just curious.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys... I just put in my BMR drag bags and I still have hard Wheel Hop...

OK I put them with the BMR instructions, I called and asked max psi. Was told 25PSI.... so I tryed 23 psi on both, I didnt use the T in the instructions. Liked the idea of having them apart, so I can check to see if they are both staying pumped up. Well I have gave it 3 runs on the street " pavment"... WITH 25psi in the tires...Letting the clutch go at 2,300RPM's and still have hard wheel hop. I dont have alot of mods, but maybe 50hp over stock... She is a '04 LS1, with the T56.. What is some other mods to get the harsh wheel hop down? Springs? Shocks? new Sway Bar? SubFram Connectors? or All?> lol

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts

OK I put them with the BMR instructions, I called and asked max psi. Was told 25PSI.... so I tryed 23 psi on both, I didnt use the T in the instructions. Liked the idea of having them apart, so I can check to see if they are both staying pumped up. Well I have gave it 3 runs on the street " pavment"... WITH 25psi in the tires...Letting the clutch go at 2,300RPM's and still have hard wheel hop. I dont have alot of mods, but maybe 50hp over stock... She is a '04 LS1, with the T56.. What is some other mods to get the harsh wheel hop down? Springs? Shocks? new Sway Bar? SubFram Connectors? or All?> lol
I have them with Pedder's "0" drop drag springs with mine which seemed to help a lot. With the power I have now, I lose traction so easily it doesn't have time to hop. :D Plus I used the "T" with the kit. If I get a leak, I'd rather have both sides go down instead of just one side.

·
Registered
18 Posts
With the Pedder's "0" Drop springs, does your gto sit at factory hight? I was looking into the Pedder's "1 1/2" lift springs, also wanted to get some new shocks, but BMR wants $180ea. For a shock isnt that a high price?>

·
Registered
99 Posts

What tires do you have on your car and how much air pressure? The air bags usually eliminate wheel hop issues. Give me a call and we can go over your issues.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts