Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was headed home today and was on a road in the Ocala National Forest. Light traffic and staright for the most part with some rolling hills. the road is flat paved well and has a ton of run off room if something stupid happens.

I was cruising at 70 in a 60 zone on the 2 lane road when a 550i passed me. He was running about 85 and so I decided to tag along.

We passed several cars when he noticed I was still behind him. He sped up to about 95 and I hung in there.

He held that till we cleared a corner and had a nice straight stretch of about 3 miles where he planted it.

I planted it too, and by about 115 pulled into the oncoming lane and came along side him. I evened up with him at 125 and waved a friendly hello.

I slowed down, but he got the message that if I wanted to stick with him I was going to and if I wanted to pass I was going to. I let off and pulled in behind him.

He resumed his 80-85 cruise and I dropped in behind him and enjoyed having a front door.

He was probably thinking I was a 4.6L 3v GT. A little education is always a good thing.

·
Registered
390 Posts
So you have a new 5.0?

How do you like it?

How does it compare to a GTO?

The 5.0 used to be my favorite car back in high school but then the mustang went gutless until this 2011.....

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you have a new 5.0?

How do you like it?

How does it compare to a GTO?

The 5.0 used to be my favorite car back in high school but then the mustang went gutless until this 2011.....
I like it a lot. Decent ride, good power, the upgraded interior is liveable, the fuel economy is not bad at all.

Ford finally has a competitor.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I've owned four Mustang GTs and liked all of them. If I didn't like my GTO so much, I'd get a new GT. Great machine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts