Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
I put BMW wheels on my GTO. I bought four new BMW center caps without the BMW logo for $25, i then had a company make me for 68mm black decals wth "GTO" in silver. I bought rims with near new Blizzaks off ebay. they didnt come with center caps.

Not the best pics of the wheels. here goes

the place that made the decal is http://www.envision-graphix.com/PRODUCTS/Specialty Covering Sheets Sheets/Specialty_Vinyl.htm no affiliation, i called them from a google search..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Groucho said:
Maybe I am.

Maybe I'm not.

I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma, with a chewy nougat center and covered with almonds.
Not really, you have made it more than clear in past posts that you don't think the GTO should be Pontiac anything. I'm not trying to be an ass I'm just saying you have made your feelings clear in the past; you don't have to put a JK, when you aren't. I guess the newbies would buy it.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
AmesGTO said:
Not really, you have made it more than clear in past posts that you don't think the GTO should be Pontiac anything. I'm not trying to be an ass I'm just saying you have made your feelings clear in the past; you don't have to put a JK, when you aren't. I guess the newbies would buy it.

Wow. Who peed in your Cheerios?

If somebody wants to buy a set of wheels and stick the logo of the GTO's U.S. distributor on it, WTF do I care?

Just making a joke. Try to lighten up a bit. Clenching that tight can't be good for you.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Groucho said:
Wow. Who peed in your Cheerios?

If somebody wants to buy a set of wheels and stick the logo of the GTO's U.S. distributor on it, WTF do I care?

Just making a joke. Try to lighten up a bit. Clenching that tight can't be good for you.
No one, I'm all good. At some point it's like we get it you don't like Pontiac on your car. Loud and clear.

G

·
Don't sweat it, Ames. I've been a lurker here for months before I decided to actually join the forums and this Groucho character was the only person I took an instant dislike to here with all his nonsense trying to impress people with some kind of pseudo engineering background and constant beratement of anything American in general and Pontiac in particular.

Some people just don't get it. He'll probably trade his GTO in on a new BMW and be talking trash about his horrendous experience with the "dark side" on Euro forums in 2 years while sipping French lattes and trying his hardest to pretend he doesn't live in an area known for outlaw country music, migrant farm workers of questionable legality and drag racing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
-db- said:
Don't sweat it, Ames. I've been a lurker here for months before I decided to actually join the forums and this Groucho character was the only person I took an instant dislike to here with all his nonsense trying to impress people with some kind of pseudo engineering background and constant beratement of anything American in general and Pontiac in particular.

Some people just don't get it. He'll probably trade his GTO in on a new BMW and be talking trash about his horrendous experience with the "dark side" on Euro forums in 2 years while sipping French lattes and trying his hardest to pretend he doesn't live in an area known for outlaw country music, migrant farm workers of questionable legality and drag racing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Looks like you left him speechless.
-db- said:

:eek: Please, tell us what you really think, don't be afraid to get personal. :eek:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't not like Groucho, if I did he would be on my ignore list and I wouldn't read his posts, I just don't like the constant anti-Pontiac comments.

I've argued the Pontiac point with him before so I won't get into it again. I would have to agree that I think Groucho would love to have something non-Pontiac. I really don't get why have the car when you hate Pontiac with such a passion, but that's just my opinon. I like Holden a lot, but if Ford came out with a Ford x that was really a Monaro, I wouldn't buy it. I couldn't get past the blue oval myself.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I think it's great that Groucho did get past the Pontiac logo and buy a GTO. He also adds some interesting points of view. Most of the time I disagree with him. I dislike his anti-American car stance, and think that he should just try to be a little more openminded. It looks like the quality pendulum is swinging the other way, Toyota is recalling and GM is getting top marks for quality. The Europeans are where they always are, in the middle of the road getting run over.

Has anyone else noticed that Toyota is really increasing rebates? The dealers around here are really starting to discount them too.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I must admit there are some interesting points on this thread, I actually am one of the few (I guess) that like Groucho. He is open minded, maybe too open minded for some and he's not afraid to let you know. I enjoy some of the back and forth arguments he instigates because it really opens people up and gets them going! I'm not one to start stuff, but, I think everyone has their own opinion, while he may state his more often than others, I believe we should just let it roll off of us if we don't like it or comment back. I know he won't mind if you let him know he bothers you, hell you might be feeding the fire.... As for the people that dispise him, look at it this way, if he truly hated the car and everything about it, do you think he would have purchased one let alone be posting on this site? To me, the man has complaints as we all do, he just states his more than others! :cheers
BTW, you have to admit he has some of the best "come backs" than any of us, and the pictures he comes up with.... :lol:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Thanks for the covering fire, gents.

I hate this car? What kind of idoicy is that? I am a Monaro / GTO fanatic, a freaking evangelist of sorts. In fact, I have even shown a fellow Bimmerhead the light to such an extent that he sold a gorgeous 5-series in order to buy a Ought Five GTO. I have personally sung the cars praises to none other than Bob Lutz, because I heard he was having a bad week. The way I figure it, GM owes me a commission. I have no idea where the idea that I hate this fine car, the best I've ever owned, comes from.

Scratch that.

Actually, I do know where that comes from-- it came from -db- ... an ignorant, frustrated little troll too insecure to actually crawl out from under his bridge and post. He was drawn out only by an off-the-cuff smart-ass remark that dissed "his" brand.

Trolls are sooo cute when they're angry.

·
Registered
674 Posts
ladies please. if grand ams and grand prixs were such fine cars, lutz would not have killed the cladding. yep the same lutz that we consider our messiah for bringing us the gto.

if the firebird with its silly cladding was so great, the much older fox platformed pony would not.... you get the idea.

if the gm cars were so great, i would not have had six RX7s, a bmw, acura, 2 porsches, etc over the last 20 years. look at the buick terraza and the honda odyssey, the grand prix and the avalon. dont throw out hp or 1/4 mile figures, throw out panel gaps, plastic buttons breaking etc. how about driveability? the january 93 road & track tested the legend coupe and the all new Z28. I had both, as far as living with the car day to day, the acura won hands down, but it cost twice as much and had 50 less hp.

the gto is not your typical gm car. it has the power of the Z28 and the refinement of the legend coupe. it is the best of both worlds, not like anything gm ever offered and it is because of that i bought one. yes i had a 93 Z28 when i got the gto, and the Z28 replaced a porsche...

so ladies please. look objectively, open your eyes.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.