1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Not much. I think aftermarkets are fine, just not those..........JMO

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I think they would look sick with a PMD centercap, and of course you will have to lower the car a little bit. I may be the minority here but then again I have a 65 with a bunch of carbon fiber parts- to each his own:cheers

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
NO!!
My daughter said I needed black rims for my 70, as my Vette and her Grand Am both have black mags and look good. I said NO, that is not the right look for the car, chrome, aluminum slots or stock, big n littles. Maybe some torque thrust 17's for the resto mod guys, but no black huge offset rims for the original cars, or 22's~~:rofl:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Judging by the picture, would it even fit over the front hub on an early GTO w/o a spacer/adapter/ring or whatever? Or machining out the center?

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
The whole huge wheel diameter thing has sprung out of the drug -dealer/ghetto/rap pop- culture, and like most other items of bad taste, has been embraced my mainstream America. As our society continues to degrade, baggy clothes, rap music, gold chains, gold teeth, tattoos on girls, etc. become ever more trendy and popular. Why? Because it's easy! The original DUB 20 inchers were called "DUB" due to 20 being a double dime bag--- dope dealer slang. Now they're up to 24 and more, and thery're lifting the cars to accomodate the wheels. Maybe I'm showing my age, but in my opinion, anyting over 16 inches in diameter is tacky on a classic muscle car. It makes them look like a pimpmobile. Period.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They'll fit if you get the right offset. I have a set of 295/50R/15s on Cragars on my `65. We tried them on a buddies `69 GTO and there was tons of room, more then my car.

what is the size and the backspacing of your rear cragars? 15X10?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The whole huge wheel diameter thing has sprung out of the drug -dealer/ghetto/rap pop- culture, and like most other items of bad taste, has been embraced my mainstream America. As our society continues to degrade, baggy clothes, rap music, gold chains, gold teeth, tattoos on girls, etc. become ever more trendy and popular. Why? Because it's easy! The original DUB 20 inchers were called "DUB" due to 20 being a double dime bag--- dope dealer slang. Now they're up to 24 and more, and thery're lifting the cars to accomodate the wheels. Maybe I'm showing my age, but in my opinion, anyting over 16 inches in diameter is tacky on a classic muscle car. It makes them look like a pimpmobile. Period.

take it easy, a friend of mine give these wheels very cheap, I am just asking for opinion

I also think that you are maybe too tradicional, do you see the foose design muscle cars

they have big wheels with vintage design

do you think they are ugly cars?

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
I'll be in the minority here, but I think these would look pretty good on a lowered classic Goat. :cheers

These wheels have a classy/modern look, they are not all "Bling" like the stupid 20" and up wheels the "ballers" put on their "donks and bubbles", that sh*t is totally ghetto.

As far as actually fitting the bolt pattern, you could take them to a machine shop and have them recenter the bolt pattern for the correct fit. Be sure to take whatever lug nuts you are using.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Luis, I don't think the BMW rims are ghetto at all. Just not appropriate for a vintage muscle car. The Foose look with the big wheels is not to my taste. But then, I never did approve of chopping up classic cars, either. (i.e: roof cut off of cherry '65 T-Bird that was a family heirloom). Guess I'm old fashioned. I did not mean to imply that the BMW rims were tacky....they're not! But, you wanted opinions, and in my opinion, they'd look better on a 2004-2006 GTO.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not sure, When I messure it looks more like a 15x8, but it has a 10 stamped into the back of the rim. I think the back spacing is 4 3/4".
i have the same rims but they are 8" i will look for a 8 stamped into the back

1 - 20 of 22 Posts