Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning the body shop picked up my chassis. It has now been lovingly bolted to the body.......some pics!:party:
2nd pic is Al, the owners son adjusting the fit and snugging the body down.

Attachments

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Sooo F&%:eek::D:coolg trick.

Any timetable for paint? Bod looks close.

Did you ever start up the motor?

It's so damn hot here + working all the time, I have'nt even driven mine yet.

But it's ready.....:party:

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rukee, That is for the gas tank filler neck. Alky, The body is closer to finished than it looks...the trunk lid, doors, and fenders are already prepared. The engine should be complete by the end of August. I am gonna order the tranny and converter next week.......Meanhile, I gotta clean and regroup the garage so I can do the wiring, dash install, engine/trans, etc......E:cheers

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I would put the popcorn emoticon on here, but we don't have one, Corvette forum does..
Anyway, this is getting good! What color are you painting it? That is Nice, congrats Eric, body shop is getting it!
Alky, hear you on Hot, it is nasty hot for the last couple months, now the rest of the country is catching up and exceeding the temps here. I watch the news and 95 and humid sounds pretty good, just sucks to work in.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
High of 102 today. Thankfully the place I work has AC which is rare for manufacturing, but when your dealing with gunpowder hot is not good! :shutme

Also hear you on the Smilies. I've mentioned it before. Sometimes they say what words just can't express. :willy:

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Jet...it will be BLACK with red 2006/1967 GTO interior. I hear you guys on the temp!!!!....we are supposed to be 92 and humid today. 68, thanks for the popcorn!...I am Jonseing bad for this car to be finished!:cheers Eric

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice ride but..... is it blown???? Not the same as the goat. Very nice, meet you at the dock in 15 minutes. I'll bring the beverages! NICE!!! Summer is so short in this part of the country!:D

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Summer is too short here also. The boat is not blown....yet. Talk about a waste of money boating season = May through September here.......

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jet, Thats the plan...looking into the Sarasota/Nokomis area (I have family there).... 66, Yes they are solid. there are 2 "L" shaped angle irond bolted to the block. The block sits in the 2 Vertical pins and bolts down...the 2 red arms adjust and 'triangulate" the squareness in the chassis...plenty strong (I hope):)

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think the whole ride is gonna be a little bit harsh due to the R&P, and the suspension in general....only one way to find out!!!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Eric,

That was TOTALLY AWESOME!! (picture the small child from The Incredibles)

Very impressive and can't wait to see it painted. I wish I could talk the wife into letting me have a little fun with our interior, she's still stuck on the stock hot rod looking seats. (can't blame her for that)

Keep the pics coming and I think we'll all want a ride to see how it handles and feels when you're done. You can just do a quick tour of the US. We will of course provide you a hot meal and a cold brew for your trouble.
:D

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds good to me! I always wanted to drive around the Country and get in cool adventures!:cheers....I think there will be a "lull" in the pic posting, as the body work gets started.:willy: E

1 - 20 of 26 Posts