Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a kit but don't know how to install the bushings on #3 mount. The Pontiac shop manual says that the #3 uses a different bushing but the kit I bought has all the same bushings. The mounting hole is smaller on #3, so the bushings won't fit down in the hole. My car is a '65. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pontiac Restoration guide?

Have you looked in Zazzarine's Restoration guide book?
I have it, I can try to look it up for you if you dont have it.
I have a 65 GTO that is currently off the frame, so I'd like to know
that myself.
I generally only check this board 1-2x/week, so if I don't get right back to you, that's why.
Paul

·
Registered
113 Posts
The bushing kit that came in for my 68 also had all the same bushings. The manual shows different bushing types as well. Difference is, all my frame holes are the same size.
Have you considered just opening up the #3 holes?
Lance

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
The bushing kit that came in for my 68 also had all the same bushings. The manual shows different bushing types as well. Difference is, all my frame holes are the same size.
Have you considered just opening up the #3 holes?
Lance
I changed the bushings in my '68. Purchased the kit from Performance Years. Everything fit perfectly...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 1965 frame is different from the later years. The holes on the later years are all the same. The problem with the kit is, it universal for 64-67. I don't want to open up the holes. If anything, I will modify the bushings.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to the supplier today and they said that some of the earlier frames at some of the different plants had a smaller hole in the #3 mount. No one makes a bushing for this hole because the demand is so small. I modified my bushings with a dremel tool with an abrasive disc and they fit just fine now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
Where did you get the kit from and is it rubber or poly??
I am restoring a 1964 GTO
I would like to get the poly but I can't find a kit with bolts. They make one for the 64Chevelle but not GTO does anyone know the difference between the two????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
Where did you get the kit from and is it rubber or poly??
I am restoring a 1964 GTO
I would like to get the poly but I can't find a kit with bolts. They make one for the 64Chevelle but not GTO does anyone know the difference between the two????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts