Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Advance Auto Parts and I asked the lady, "do you have auto body plugs", and she replies.. "we have bondo....."

Is that what I'm going to get everywhere???

Can you tell me a store where I can find them w/o running up and down every auto parts and hardware store?

I have a home depot close by, pepboys, and Lowes.. Where do I go?

Thanks for your help, anyone.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Had the same problem finding them around here. Do a search and you'll find the web sites that sell them. I ended up going to the dealership and getting the plugs that they stick in the holes they make for rust proofing. Can't paint them, but they are temporary anyways.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I got bored one day and put some tape on the little holes and spread some epoxy in the holes. then i used touch up.

had i thought for two minutes before starting I would have put the tape on the outside of the car and spread the epoxy on the inside, then just run a credit card over the outside to make it flat.

the big hole was where i started, and i had an old piece of heavy self adhesive velcro. i got it in and it stuck to the inside of the trunk then spread some epoxy (i had marine tex laying around) on that and smoothed it with a credit card.

but my car is leased, so i didnt want to do anything too permanent.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
specialk said:
I went to Advance Auto Parts and I asked the lady, "do you have auto body plugs", and she replies.. "we have bondo....."

Is that what I'm going to get everywhere???

Can you tell me a store where I can find them w/o running up and down every auto parts and hardware store?

I have a home depot close by, pepboys, and Lowes.. Where do I go?

Thanks for your help, anyone.
I am not sure but I think some of the guys on here said they found the plugs at Lowes. Don't quote me on this but for some reason I think I read that.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I got mine from www.topshelfperformance.com. Don't try and e-mail them or you'll be waiting a long time. Get the number off their web site and call. They were like $30 shipped and painted to match. Instructions are good too, had to file a little to get them to fit, and had to use sealer on the big plug but they tell you all that in the instructions.

Good luck,

Chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should all try out www.topshelfperformance.com. , called them up and for $30 shipped I get a set of plugs colormatched to my GTO.. Easy as that, paid with my Credit card and got a DHL tracking # within the Hour. They're very helpful and have a lot of OEM Holden parts available as well.

Thanks for the info again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine's an 04 and I just took the wing off 2 days ago.. No discoloration at all. There is a rubberized sealer that is between the wing and body of the car that leaves some residue but I used a damp cloth with my spray and wash and it came clean off.

My gto is silver so if there is any discoloration from sun damage it is not visible at all.. It may not be the same for a darker colored one though?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.