Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats to Russ for setting the new bolt-on LS1 GTO record yesterday at Rockingham! And it's NOT even an automatic!

The best run of the day was:

60 Foot: 1.775
330 Foot: 5.083
1/8th ET: 7.822
1/8th MPH: 90.28
1000 FT: 10.187
1/4 ET: 12.196
1/4 MPH: 110.06

The video, as well as mod details and pics can be found on my webpage here:

http://v8muscle.net (scroll down to the 1st article)

Can't wait to see what this thing will do with a set of 3.91's and a little more tweaking with HP Tuners!

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
That's a great job to be able to get numbers like those from a bolt on LS1. Those are numbers that would do a bolt on LS2 owner proud.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Impressive - how much weight reduction total would you guess, including wheels/tires? 400lbs?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Impressive - how much weight reduction total would you guess, including wheels/tires? 400lbs?
He weighed the car a few months ago and it was 3991 lbs with him in it. Now for these passes at Rockingham, he removed the rear seats, front passenger seat, fuel tank brace, tow hitch brace, and of course the wheel/tire swap. I'm guessing that is at least 200 lbs less than the figure above.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Now for these passes at Rockingham, he removed the rear seats, front passenger seat, fuel tank brace, tow hitch brace, and of course the wheel/tire swap. I'm guessing that is at least 200 lbs less than the figure above.

I really don't understand why so many are getting excited with this so-called record. Personally I would get excited about it if he had left all that stuff in. To me that's like someone who claims they have the fastest stock GTO when they made their pass on drag radials. Drag radials are not a stock item on the GTO so how or why would someone claim it as such. Oh well. to each his/her own.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really don't understand why so many are getting excited with this so-called record. Personally I would get excited about it if he had left all that stuff in. To me that's like someone who claims they have the fastest stock GTO when they made their pass on drag radials. Drag radials are not a stock item on the GTO so how or why would someone claim it as such. Oh well. to each his/her own.
It's impressive to me because it's the fastest one with bolt ons, period. Sure 12's are not really impressive anymore, but it's impressive when considering this specific car (f-bodies were much easier to go faster since they start out with a LOT less weight, and this GTO is still not anywhere close in the weight department). If people wanted to get technical and have such a list for fastest bolt on GTO at full weight, trust me he would still have the record. This is the 3rd time he's attained such a record, the guy can drive like none other!

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
It's impressive to me because it's the fastest one with bolt ons, period. Sure 12's are not really impressive anymore, but it's impressive when considering this specific car (f-bodies were much easier to go faster since they start out with a LOT less weight, and this GTO is still not anywhere close in the weight department). If people wanted to get technical and have such a list for fastest bolt on GTO at full weight, trust me he would still have the record. This is the 3rd time he's attained such a record, the guy can drive like none other!
No where in my post did I say that 12s were not impressive. It is! I guess another thing with me is, I didn't care what another car could do when I went to the track. If a Civic, modded Cobra or a gutted f-body ran down the track with me and got a better time I didn't care. I only cared about what I could do and trust me, I'm not that good. The best I could do was 13.2 @ 112 with everything in the car at LACR. As you can see by the time versus the speed the problem wasn't me for once :D. The problem was a worn out stock clutch trying to hold 452/433 to the wheels at the time as it slipped all the way through 4th gear. Kevin (bluhaven) thought I was spinning my tires down the track but I wasn't (I had drag radials on too). He heard my rpm's raising as the clutch slipped. I haven't been back to the track since :eek:. Anyway don't take my post too personal. Like I said, to me, I would have been more impressed if everything was in the car... that's all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts