Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Swapping to a ford 9" and trying to get an idea if I need a new driveshaft (TH400)

Anyone have the axle centerline to rear end yolk centerline distance measure for an 8.2 10 bolt? is it the same as a GM 12 bolt?

The 9" I have is ~11.5" (picture not my rear, but same measure) with a 1350 short yolk

Attachments

·
Registered
1967 400/400
700 Posts
nobody has an 8.2 out of their car to do a quick measure on it??
Personally, I've found the entire site to be very quiet lately. So... you're not only looking for activity, but also for them to have their rear out! lol. Mines not out, but I would help however I can.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally, I've found the entire site to be very quiet lately. So... you're not only looking for activity, but also for them to have their rear out! lol. Mines not out, but I would help however I can.
maybe too big of an ask!
i wonder if it is the same as a 12 bolt

·
Registered
1967 Lemans 1967 GTO parts car
254 Posts
I have a spare rear in my barn I got out of a 67 GTO. I can go measure after I pickup the kids today.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks pretty close to me. 11 to where the ujoint sets and 11.5 to the top of ujoint craddle.
that is really close.

maybe I can get away with the same driveshaft and adapter u joints.

thanks! exactly what I needed.

·
Registered
1967 Lemans 1967 GTO parts car
254 Posts
Whoo hoo I helped with a pontiac question. Maybe they will keep me around even if I do mention other brands.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts