Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would be severely surprised if borla came out with a catback that required modification to body panels. That would be like a cold air intake that required a different diameter throttle body than stock.

·
Registered
305 Posts
They'll fit.

As john e said, tape measure. But other than that, you've already got a 4" in there already. A 5" would only require a half inch more clearance. Which is there.

Borla has pics of a stock goat with the 5" tips on their site I believe. Only reason I know is because I was drooling over them too....

·
Registered
491 Posts
BBlackGoat05 said:
thanks judge!! I've been drooling over it as well, and think I'm going to get it... shhhh don't tell the wife how much it is!!!

Go for it!

I bought mine when I first got my car and it sure sounds sweet...a nice little *burble-pop-pop* when you're upshifting! :eek: Manual transmission

The fit was perfect and the length was exactly what it should be.

I did notice a small rattle in the general area of the climate control knobs / radio, but it's only @ around 1,900 rpms and I get past that quick enough when shifting and I cruise at a lower rpm, so I hardly notice it, even less with the radio turned on. No other noises at all. I'll wait until after I install the LTs (to see if it gets worse) before I get serious about tracing it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.