Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:willy: :confused :rofl: I JUST BOUGHT A BRAND NEW GOAT 06 M6 IMPULSE BLUE LAST NIGHT AND I ALREADY HAD TO TAKE IT BACK!! MY FU_KING FRONT STRUTS ARE BLOWN OUT! ALL THE OIL LEAKED OUT OH THEM...HUGE MESS. ALSO THE SHIFTER RATTLES LIKE CRAZY AT HIGH RPMS!! AND... WHEN I JUST GET BACK FROM A DRIVE I TURNED THE MOTOR OFF BUT LEFT THE KEY ON SO I CAN ADJUST THE DASH SETTINGS AND THE COOLANT OVER HEATING LIGHT COMES ON AND THE GAUGE GOES TO RED! I UNDERSTAND THAT CARS GET HOTTER ONCE YOU TURN THEM OFF CAUSE THE PRESURE BUT IT SHOULDNT GET THIS HOT. ANYONE HAVE ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS???

·
Registered
268 Posts
someone else i was reading on here or the ls1 forum? cant remeber? Had the same thing with the struts,,people guess that they were tied down to tight on the ship over here and some how damaged them???

the other thing is the firest i have heard of with the overheat,, dealer should fix it all for you...

sorry and goodluck

·
Registered
410 Posts
Spurious or unexpected Over heats have occurred in the past due to software error. I had it happen once but turned car off then back on and it was gone. However, this car should have the latest software load in its instrument cluster.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. When I bought my car a month ago now, I had to take it back for some problems. There was a little chip in the paint on the trunk lid that they fixed. The rear driver side wheel had some blemishes on the lip of the wheel that they repaired. Also the side skirt on the passenger side was missing the two screws that hold it on in the front wheel well.
Just this morning when I was walking around the car I noticed that the front passwnger side tire was on the wrong direction. The rotation arrow is pointing toward the back of the car instead of forward like on the driver side. I'm sure that's bad for the tire. I'm going to have to give them a little visit this weekend.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Very sorry to hear your problems. Keep accurate records of all your service requirements, the proposed "fixes" and whether they recur. Could be very helpful in the future, if indeed you got a lemon.

I hope that's not the case, but it really isn't a good start- -

·
Registered
116 Posts
Vehicle that are bein transported over long didtances should be held bown by the wheels not the body. When the body is cinched down, probably overdone by the people down under, the shocks are under constant stress. That may work to your advantage in getting rid of shocks that may have been weak. As for the rest, damn, thats a pain in the keyster. Good luck and don't worry when it's back to normal you going to have a lot of fun with this car.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ouch, that sucks about your car.

I haven't really had a problem with my GTO. My instrument cluster creaks over bumps but that is about it; haven't taken it back to get tightened as the car works, that is just an annoyance.

However when I bought my GTO I first testdrove one they had on the lot (mine had to be brought in from another location). The M6 one they had on the lot seemed not as solid as the one I ended up buying. It had a funky smell and there was a lot of rattle/vibration in the car. I guess, in short, this shows that variance happens; fortunately the GTO overall is somewhat higher quality than some other vehicles, and it sounds like the strut issue was probably due to shipping error.

·
Registered
140 Posts
How many miles on the odo when you test drove it?

I bought my blue/blue about three months ago--zero problems so far.

It's been in the 90's here and I often turn the car off and continue to listen to the radio and I've yet to have the overheating light come on.

Keep us posted...thanks...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.