Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tax money coming in. the the goat is due a brake job cuz of the shaking/pulsing of the wheel. I dont want to just get the rotors turned and new stock pads. I want to get NEW rotors and better pads that bite better than stock. I would like to get some good rotors (drilled/vented/sloted in the front and sloted in the back) and some great pads all around. What do you guys suggest and what may be the price of them?

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey G good to see you back, I use EBC Brakes on some of my service trucks that were eating OEM brake pads. Try the yellowstuff pads and the drilled slotted rotors.

BTW, How's the wife?
good to be back. its been a hell of a 2009. 2010 can only get better. the wife and son is doing great. My son had 5 or 6 operations the wife is Cancer free from what the doc are saying and I am about 3 weeks of getting my job back. been off work since March 4th 2009. I see i lost my super mod stat. but i do understand that

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Hey G good to see you back, I use EBC Brakes on some of my service trucks that were eating OEM brake pads. Try the yellowstuff pads and the drilled slotted rotors.

BTW, How's the wife?
Do you use EBC rotors too? I'm currently using Yellowstuff pads and love these things, work very well on the track(road course) and canyon runs. They have alittle more dust than stock.
good to be back. its been a hell of a 2009. 2010 can only get better. the wife and son is doing great. My son had 5 or 6 operations the wife is Cancer free from what the doc are saying and I am about 3 weeks of getting my job back. been off work since March 4th 2009. I see i lost my super mod stat. but i do understand that
Thats good to hear.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I'm running DBA 4000XS rotors. I had Hawk HPS pads but I cracked them a few times and now I'm running EBC red pads with much better results. Much less brake dust from them.

I'm also an 04 and I stop on a dime, I could only emagine the 05/06 with bigger rotors being even better.

Def check Maryland Speed for good prices.

FYI the stock pads cost the same as better aftermarket stuff :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts