Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys whats up I just wanted to introduce myself. Today I just picked up my brand new 05' GTO black w/ red interior 6 speed.

let me just say, I am in love

well i will keep you all updated

and one quick thing I have seen all the threads on break in and what now but what is the recommended factory break in?

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
I am approaching 400 miles, I called my dealer and ask if I should change the break-in oil at 500 miles to Synthetic. He said I should wait until 3K.

Subdriver is a sponsor of this forum and an Amsoil distributer. He has an intro stuck in the garage section. He may be the best qualified to answer your question.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats
Last I Knew Mobile 1 Was Shipped In All Ls2 Chevy Or Pontiac
I Know For A Faked That Chevy Has Rejected Claim S On Vetts Were Mobile 1
Was Not Used I Work A Chevy Dealer . I'd Ask The Service Dept Where You
Bought It What Pontiac Has To Say About Synthetic

·
Registered
212 Posts
I believe the LS2's all come with Mobil 1 already in the motor. Since the motor is almost the exact same as the one in the Corvette, and the Corvette is broken in with Mobil 1, I don't think you can go wrong either way.

I know on the '04 cars, Mobil 1 did NOT come in the motors, which kind of confuses me. Oh well, I switched to Mobil 1 last week, with 1300 miles on the odo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.