Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!! I just purchased my new 2006 GTO 3 days ago! I LOVE THIS CAR!!! I was an advid corvette enthuast, but thought I would make a change!! I am so happy. Anyway I am new here so I am looking foward to everyones help... Anything to be concerned with as a brand new owner??

:party:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Anthony k said:
tires! but for real... check the pressure in the tires WAY overinflated from Aus for the trip and dealers dont check it

JUst checked mine and all four were almost 60 psi I think they do this to prevent flat spots on your tires if it was to sit for long periods. Fronts should be 33psi and rears 39 psi. I bet my car will ride a little better with almost half the air in them.

·
Registered
456 Posts
bigmac said:
Hi everyone!! I just purchased my new 2006 GTO 3 days ago! I LOVE THIS CAR!!! I was an advid corvette enthuast, but thought I would make a change!! I am so happy. Anyway I am new here so I am looking foward to everyones help... Anything to be concerned with as a brand new owner??

Change your oil ASAP. It's not a problem, but you want to do it first thing, then about a 1000 miles later (after first oil change).

Congrats :cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
bigmac said:

See the post in sevice forum about STRUT LEAK. Other than that this car is killer so far. If you researced the TSB's before purchase you already knew it was a possibility anyway. Enjoy the ride amigo.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've also heard (not sure if it is true or not) that sometimes the original oil will still contain tiny particles from the original manufacture of the block (maybe metal shavings or bits of the grease used when cutting metal?). Anyway, I changed mine at 1500--a tad later than others, but still got it out of the way.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Clueless said:
I've also heard (not sure if it is true or not) that sometimes the original oil will still contain tiny particles from the original manufacture of the block (maybe metal shavings or bits of the grease used when cutting metal?). Anyway, I changed mine at 1500--a tad later than others, but still got it out of the way.
that and assembly lube and the fact that its been in there for the entire trip over the ocean from halfway around the world.....is it mandatory? no but its piece of mind knowing that you fresh oil in there

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
260 Posts
Anthony k said:
tires! but for real... check the pressure in the tires WAY overinflated from Aus for the trip and dealers dont check it
The tires seem to wear out real quick!!!!!!!!!Hey go out and enjoy your goat,they are a blast.:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.