Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got some AWESOME news today...!!!!

After my Pontiac dealer pulled the LS2 out of Blu Goat yesterday, they called me today and said that GM authorized getting a new engine!!!

Rare case, but one of the cylinders wasn't completely round, and THUS was leaking oil! Brand SPANKING new engine is coming in on Weds!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :cheers :party:

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
huskerGTO said:

After my Pontiac dealer pulled the LS2 out of Blu Goat yesterday, they called me today and said that GM authorized getting a new engine!!!

Rare case, but one of the cylinders wasn't completely round, and THUS was leaking oil! Brand SPANKING new engine is coming in on Weds!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :cheers :party:
good for you :cheers you can start back over at 0 miles. how long have they had your goat?

·
Registered
13 Posts
First, yes it is illegal to change the odometer on the car unless it has malfunctioned.

Second, they aren't going to roll it back because the only new component is the engine, the rest of the vehicle still is covered under the original warranty and those first 5100 miles are still wear and tear on the vehicle.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Who cares about 5k miles! Brand new engine is the BEST way to go in this situation. It's good to see GM step up and do the right thing. :cheers
Keep your paper work, all of it, and it won't make a difference if you decide to sell down the road.

Something told me 1qt every 1000 miles wasn't just a gasket! :eek:

·
Registered
590 Posts
huskerGTO said:

Told you so !!! Congrats. More than likely the cylinder WALL was out of round. I had 4 out of 8 out of round top to bottom by .001

Now, you'll see that baby come complete with all accessories even the valve covers and oil filler cap. Enjoy :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
westell said:
Told you so !!! Congrats. More than likely the cylinder WALL was out of round. I had 4 out of 8 out of round top to bottom by .001

Now, you'll see that baby come complete with all accessories even the valve covers and oil filler cap. Enjoy :D

Thanks so much!!! I just hope they don't replace my oil filler cap! I replaced it with a billit polished aluminum one that looked sweet! Race on for me while I'm down boyz!!!!!!!

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.