Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Only the British have made such consistently bad cars over so many decades that the entire nation looks up to the VW Golf as the epitome of a sports car.

The country is a 3rd rate industrial power. Their crappy cuisine is legendary. They spend their lives in bars...excuse me, pubs. Nearly every British car company that ever existed is now defunct or the property of a foreign automaker.

Lotus ==> Bought by GM
Jaguar==> Bought by Ford (parent of the Mustang) oooh that hurts! And they still suck.
MG==> Brought back to life....why?
Triumph==> Didn't triumph
Rover==> Over priced, under powered, bad quality... looks great parked at country clubs
Mini==> Saved by the Bavarians...that's really gotta hurt!
Rolls Royce==> Just plain irrelevant
Bentley==> Irrelevants fat sporty sister
Aston Martin==> The crown jewels...overweight, overpriced, sells 4 per year, another word for irrelevant
Vauxhall==> Brought to Stratford on Avon by GM. Ouch again!

So I hope you will pardon this American if I don't give much credibility to the mumblings of some bloke who stumbled out of a pub in the country with arguably the worst track record in the world when it comes to auto manufacturing. But they're real good with beer and booze. Oops, that's the Scot's. Well, they had a hell of an empire once upon a time.

There I've defended our sister's honor. Poor little Mustang Sally.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Nice! Let's all go to the pub and celebrate!
:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
You've missed a couple of points that have gotta sting:

Rolls Royce==> Owned by BMW, Like Mini
Bentley==> Owned by Volkswagen AG

Hmmm...Sir Winston Churchill must be hitting 4500 rpm in his grave...the Jerry's actually won the Battle of Britain!

Also...

Aston Martin==> Psssst...sure it's pretty...but it's a FORD!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts