Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my '05 Goat today. It had 20 miles on it so I need to break it in before I jump on it.
I still have my 1986 Buick Grand National that I bought new in 1986 and felt this '05 GTO was the GN of 2005. Still getting used to the bodystyle but I guess if I feel in love with a house on wheels (GN), I am going to love this car. I just saw that the curb weight was 3720, WOW!, this car needs a diet.
Cheers,
Rich

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With ony a few miles on it I only 1/4 pedaled it but it felt like it had gobs of tourque. Tomorrow I am going to ride some and half pedal and wind it out a lilttle. I took off the Trac/control once and spon the tires leaving from a red light, with a light throttle. I think this car has a lot of potential. ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
bogie1 said:
With ony a few miles on it I only 1/4 pedaled it but it felt like it had gobs of tourque. Tomorrow I am going to ride some and half pedal and wind it out a lilttle. I took off the Trac/control once and spon the tires leaving from a red light, with a light throttle. I think this car has a lot of potential. ;)
i thought you're supposed to run it hard while you're breaking it in. i heard that if you baby it while you're breaking it in, it will be a baby forever. anyone else hear the same?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as break-in goes evryone has their own opinion. You are not just breaking in the engine, but trans, rear end gears, axles, and brakes. I prefer to wait a few hundred miles before I run a wide open throttle blast for a factory street car. Now with a race engine that would be different for me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats !!

I know how it feels, just picked up the last 2004 Phantom Black/Black 6 speed in Los Angeles area. Took awhile to locate it,....but well worth it !!!
The only beef I have, was the dealer had already installed the front license plate :willy:

This is one awesome car !!
Enjoy !! :cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
bogie1 said:
I picked up my '05 Goat today. It had 20 miles on it so I need to break it in before I jump on it.
I still have my 1986 Buick Grand National that I bought new in 1986 and felt this '05 GTO was the GN of 2005. Still getting used to the bodystyle but I guess if I feel in love with a house on wheels (GN), I am going to love this car. I just saw that the curb weight was 3720, WOW!, this car needs a diet.
Cheers,
Rich
Congrats! :party:

So, since you have your new GTO for a little while now, how do you like it? Did you purchase it with 6 speed or automatic? How did the sale people treat you? On Monday (Feb 21st) I took a test drive in a GTO 6MT and it was excellent! :D I am planning to make purchase just before summer '05. Any thoughts you can share sure would be appreciated. Thanks!

:cool

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was very interested in the 05 because of the LS2 motor with 400 horse 400 lbs ft. It also has the large PBR brakes and more cosmetic treatments... but I came across the last 04 Phantom Black 6 speed manual here in L.A., and with the incentives I received....it was too hard to pass up for the price. Total out the door with tax, license, dock fee, including incentives $27,429.96..MSRP $33,190.00 :D So, I purchased the 04...and it is a fantastic car...Still only has 111 miles on it, but when the weather clears.. :party:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.