Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard about them.....today I found one on my new GTO. How does the dealer repair them?? (thet are on the silver parts of the wheel)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes I have had mine replaced it is just the silver covers that get replaced. Be sure to check that they do not damage the clips on the black cover that goes on the back side of wheel. They are very wimpy and if they do not line them up just right and try to press them into place they will be ruined and the black back cover will have to be replaced then too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dang. :eek: I thought i was the only one with that problem. There is one bubble on the silver cap of my steering wheel that's been there since i first got my gto. I got it back in april. Can I still get that replaced by the dealer?

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Bubbles on the steering wheel

I heard about them.....today I found one on my new GTO. How does the dealer repair them?? (thet are on the silver parts of the wheel)
Dangit! Don't title a thread like that unless you're gonna post some pictures of big blonde with her butt in the windshield and her legs draped over the 3 and 9 spokes.

Got me all worked up for nothin. Damn bait and switch. Yer just mean.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
No bubbles here

I just went out into garage and found no signs of any bubbles. I've had my '06 goat for almost one year and it only has approximately 850miles. This will make vehicle #27 in the 18 years i've been driving. Anyway no bubbles yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
has anyone had anyproblems with the replacement caps? I have not replaced mine, but about 4 months ago the top left one has a bubble and just this week the top right one has bubble.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I noticed bubbles on my steering wheel too. I have developed two of them. Glad to hear that the dealers are replacing them. Does anyone know if the warranty covers them?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bubbles

Does anyone have the part numbers handy? Is this something we can do with the correct tool? I have bubbles but I am out of warranty now.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Does anyone have the part numbers handy? Is this something we can do with the correct tool? I have bubbles but I am out of warranty now.
Depending on how long you are out of warranty, and the relationship you had with the dealer... try talking to the dealer, maybe you can get them to do a courtesy fix.

You'd have to ask them what kind of took they use I have no idea what it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I had my steering wheel bubbles repaired, the dealership replaced all the buttons, aluminum trim, and the steering wheel rim. They may have replaced the whole steering wheel, alas, I noticed the air bag cover was the same as before I brought the goat to the dealer (I have a tiny scuff on the airbag cover). The new steering wheel rim felt nice though, almost as if I had a brand new car in a weird way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts