Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been insanely bust the last 6 months, massive hailstorm damaged my home and everything in a 10 mile radius. Lucky i know a good contractor...lol. Well with all the work starting to pay off I decided the Tempest needs a new home and some room to breath (and maybe a sister to come, stay tuned), along with some nice work/storage space for the business. Structure is 32' x 50' with 10' sidewalls, half loft space and half full vaulted ceiling for 7' two post lift, will have office in loft, over clean room and fabrication room below. the full vaulted half will be open work space, and halfcourt basketball...:rofl:.

http://s1098.beta.photobucket.com/user/instg8ter/library/Th Barn

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Brian, I'm on my way to help you utilize this new found space. This is the best Xmas gift anyone has ever gotten me :D Seriously, that is awesome! Super jealous my lot isn't big enough for a shop... maybe someday

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Flambeau, seeing some of that trick fab work you've been doing, your welcome any time you get up North to Michigan. I have all the parts on the floor a 91' Foxbody Mustang Go-cart i picked up for scrap money, once the facilities are done. Going to do a Saleen body kit, full chrome moly tubular front suspension, full adjustable UPR rear links, Cobra R 4 wheel 5-lug disks and rims. Body already has 8 point roll cage, zero rust on frame and shock towers, new quarters are on and primed, only thing i still need to pick op is a left fender. Goal is to be complete and on the road for under 5K (you can tell by this it's not a Pontiac..LOL) . Hoping by mid summer if i ever slow down and get some time for fun work...:cheers I am also planning on doing the Clean room for advertising photos for custom Garage/shops for car enthusiasts. Epoxy floor with the Pontiac Indianhead in the center, Rigid cabinets with stainless tops...etc. and of course the Tempest will be featured, figured i may as well target some business in a niche market, and we all know those car guys like to spend money on their hobby.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Congrats!!! You're about to become even more productive....and you won't have to work as hard. I expanded mine, but it's smaller: 24 or 26 x 42 with a high ceiling in the front part for my lift with a big ol' roll up door. Life got a whole lot easier. Happy New Year!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm ready to do some wrenching GeeTee, been building mostly piles of paperwork this year and i need some hands on get dirty work. Have a GTO hood for the Tempest that must have gotten stuck at some point in time and their solution was to pry the inner hood support and latch hole like a sardine can. Need to cut out support and weld in a patch a member was gracious enough to cot out and send me. Luckily the hood skin was not marred (got it cheap). I plan to make it a functional Ram Air, with modified Tri-power pan to fit the dual Quads. Probably won't get the duals on until summer as daughter is getting married mid June and the car is in the wedding as her something blue and i dont want to be dealing with any tuning issues. Still need to take her fiance out and let him drive it a bit in Spring so he's used to it for the departure from the church, tin cans and all.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nahh Bear just making a living...:D. Nice Display Poster for shows you made, love that car. Gonna have the guys going balls out the next few weeks to get the place ready to move in, was hoping to be closed in by snowfall but came up a bit short because i had to wait a month for a zoning variance from the city for permits. I will post pics here as we go along... Happy New Years all...:cheers

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hey E, should have room for 5 more, Just located a 7000# two post lift that i can afford so that makes 6 with one high and low...:rofl:. hope your doing ok with your insurance nightmare there Eric, been dealing with insurances and mortgages more than i care to the last few months. Had a few companies want us to come up there, but its much easier and less stressfull working in my backyard if i can.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks GeeTee, i will be pouring the finished side with concrete in the next few weeks so i can get the office and clean room finished. shop area will probably be crushed stone compacted until i find a deal on a two post lift and a few extra grand for the concrete (fall maybe). makes it a hell of a lot easier when you have a 6 man crew at your disposal, but it drains the pocket book none the less. Nice thing is i will recoupe cost within 3 years by the rent my corporation will pay monthly for the space...<grin>, win/win.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
If I show this thread to the wife, all I'll hear is, we need this and that first. I'd love to have what you're building, Brian. Nice!

geetee, I've never seen a lift like that for a car. Just for snowmobiles and what not..... Very cool......

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
My saving grace is "she wants her garage back"....LMAO, its all about leverage. had to make sure it did not detract from the house as i had to get approval through township and every neighbor within 3oo' of my property lines.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Looks like it fits in nicely. I wouldn't have to worry about the township stuff, I have 20 acres. I have a trailer like yours. Same color and also has diamond plating. Mine's 8 1/2x16'.

My wife first "wants her house back". Deer head, fish mount, paperwork scattered here, there, everywhere and occasional clothing. You get the picture........

The garage, she "almost" gave up. GTO on 1 side and my snowmobile on the other(at the moment). If I had a nice building like yours, I could about empty the garage and she would have plenty of room..... lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks awesome! My garage is too small to do anything more than a simple day project.

Productivity will increase HUGELY!!

And you'll have your own man cave again

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well weather sucks for driving but it's just warm enough to get 1/2 the concrete poured in the barn. Been waiting for the frost laws to lift so i can do it in one pour and no cold seams. wound up dropping 15 yds and doing the finished half of the shop, pad for my stairway and most of the stoop and outer walk all at 5" thick. Hope to get the Tempests new cubical done in the next month or so. Will be epoxying the floor with the indian head logo, stainless Rigid cabinets with slotted panel board walls for hanging tools and such.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts