Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I burn a CD the stereo refuses to play it....I get an error message...what gives. Any help would be greatful. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
337 Posts
Make sure you are not burning in MP3 or 4 format. Mine works great in WMA format.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
We all have the same stereo, I don't understand why some cannot play burned CD's. Could it be the recording process, or how the original was created? Maybe the stereo's from 04' to 05' and 06' is different in the playback? Maybe it's the type of CD being used? I know DVD+ and - is tricky on some machines, are some CD's the same? I haven't played a CDRW in my car, I don't know if it would work or not.

I'm not into the electronics of stereos etc, so I am somewhat ignorant to the functions. I would assume some prerecorded CD's, like movies are copy guarded? I haven't had a problem with any burned music from Limewire. I am recording older classic rock music though, not the new junk, top 40, or hip hop rap crap that is out there. Maybe the newer music from current artists is copy guarded?

My dad once said, if you cannot whistle a tune to it, it ain't music. How do you whistle a tune to rap?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I just convert from MP3 to WMA or CDA with windows media player and mine work fine. Not sure about 04 and 05. It works on my 1990 cd player in the garage. Must be something with your format. I don't think I-tunes will work but I think there's a converter you can plug in that will convert but it is used on the cassette player. I think they also have a frequency translator like XM radio that works.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Yeh, I have the itrip, but is sounds like ass. I guess I will just have to support the musicians I listen to, and buy there cd's.

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
All this new technology is a pain in the a$$. You have to spend extra money to get certain players to conform to formats etc, etc.

I was happy with VHS and Cassettes. So easy to use, and ALMOST idiot proof. Now a days ya have to be a child to understand how things work, I am getting older not younger.

Remember atari video games? Simple, now a days you have to push 5 or 6 buttons to get a QB to throw a football in some of those games. By the time you get the QB to throw a pass carpal tunnel sets in. We are getting too sophisticated.

Ya go buy a DVD player get it home and find it don't play DVDR-'s. You go buy DVD+ disks and your computer won't work with the DVD+.

The simpler things are, the harder they are to use.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got it figured out, thanks to all who put in their input. I was trying to download my songs from Itunes which is formatted to MP4's. Downloaded from Emule and Limewire..works beautifully...thanks again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts