Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I get out of my car after driving normally, I smell something burning, is that normal? just the exhaust maybe? I only have 75 miles on it, could it be that? :confused T

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EEZ GOAT said:
that is it for sure. do u have the hood plungs in or out?
sorry to sound stupid, but what are the " hood plungs"? T

G

·
Tommy, don't be to worried about it, the exhaust has a coating on it from the factory that may need to burn off a bit, that's most likely your cultrip. If it's still doing it after a few more days, then take a ride down to your dealer.

Wouldn't hurt to check the oil level too, just to be sure.

the Hood Plugs are in the inside of the hood where the scoops are, stops the rain from getting in, but allows a bit of air in for cooling. A lot of guys take them out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob in CT said:
Tommy, don't be to worried about it, the exhaust has a coating on it from the factory that may need to burn off a bit, that's most likely your cultrip. If it's still doing it after a few more days, then take a ride down to your dealer.

Wouldn't hurt to check the oil level too, just to be sure.

the Hood Plugs are in the inside of the hood where the scoops are, stops the rain from getting in, but allows a bit of air in for cooling. A lot of guys take them out.
thanks rob, T

G

·
Ya what they all said .... ^^^^^ .. nothing to worry about mine smelled funny too for a while... now it just smells like cooked rubber all the time .. :willy: :party:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.