Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought mine on 09/02/2006 it has been in the shop since 09/11/2006 for a busted rear defroster, because it was causing interference in the radio, some loop thing was rubbing, the paint in the rear bumper is flaking off, and when they called me on the 23 to pick it up, first I thought someone was driving it hard, because, it was driven 4 miles plus the average fuel consumption dropped for 14.8 to 7.7. Back to the story, I picked it up, I drove it off the lot about 1/4 mile, and it stalled....died....I tried to start it up, it said "Lower Performance"....the tow truck and towed me from the rear, and guess what....yep....scrape....the whole front end. When I looked at it while the tech was flashing it on her computer I notice that they didn't even fix the rear bumper. I had scratches on one side and tar on the other. And to top it all off, the front bumper is busted and the hoop has a small chip in it. Oh, yeah, and the rent a car, they gave me on the way back home, the tire blows out. What should I do?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I bought mine on 09/02/2006 it has been in the shop since 09/11/2006 for a busted rear defroster, because it was causing interference in the radio, some loop thing was rubbing, the paint in the rear bumper is flaking off, and when they called me on the 23 to pick it up, first I thought someone was driving it hard, because, it was driven 4 miles plus the average fuel consumption dropped for 14.8 to 7.7. Back to the story, I picked it up, I drove it off the lot about 1/4 mile, and it stalled....died....I tried to start it up, it said "Lower Performance"....the tow truck and towed me from the rear, and guess what....yep....scrape....the whole front end. When I looked at it while the tech was flashing it on her computer I notice that they didn't even fix the rear bumper. I had scratches on one side and tar on the other. And to top it all off, the front bumper is busted and the hoop has a small chip in it. Oh, yeah, and the rent a car, they gave me on the way back home, the tire blows out. What should I do?
I can't really answer what to do, but just so you know- they probably had the battery disconnected which is why the MPG showed so low- it was reset and if the car was just idling around the shop and such, it isn't going to be the greatest.
Joe

·
Registered
415 Posts
I can't really answer what to do, but just so you know- they probably had the battery disconnected which is why the MPG showed so low- it was reset and if the car was just idling around the shop and such, it isn't going to be the greatest.
Joe
I'm willing to bet it would be better than 7.7 though. Sorry to
hear about your troubles. Sounds like you have issues with the
Towing service provider and the Dealer.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm willing to bet it would be better than 7.7 though. Sorry to
hear about your troubles. Sounds like you have issues with the
Towing service provider and the Dealer.
Possibly, but it really depends on how much idling it did and such. I know mine is in the single digits when I reset things and it sits in the garage idling a bit before leaving.

Either way, best of luck to you tysgto- crappy situation to be in.
Joe

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Break the issues down individually and work with the dealer and tow truck company to get them fixed correctly.

If you bought your car new, you can hold the Pontiac Customer Satisfaction Survey over the dealer's head. I did just that and it worked like a charm. You should also start putting everything in writing -- and construct a history of your experience so far. If things get nasty, you will need a paper trail and as many FACTS, not vague whiny recollections, as possible.

Issues to address:

1. Rear defroster: Sounds like that's fixed. In the rush to report all the bad news, this positive piece of info got left off.

2. Rear bumper: Just tell the dealer that they missed this -- and that you will not be satisfied with nothing less than a properly repaired bumper. My car had a bad rear bumper skin -- it got fixed -- and has been perfectly fine.

3. Lower performance issue: Find out what this is -- and determine the cause of it. If the dealer screwed up -- this is huge -- as it will determine liability for the...

4. Front bumper: Technically, the towing company is at fault. But if the dealer did something which caused your car to crap out -- then they are at fault, too. These guys should split the cost. Just make it clear to the dealer that you want this fixed.

5. Gas mileage drop: When these cars idle during service -- the gas mileage will drop. Did you compare the mileage on the work statement to when you picked it up?

6. Rental tire blow out: So what. Stuff happens.

·
Registered
275 Posts
call gm / pontiac here's the # 1800 762-2737 see what they will do for u :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Joe
The same thing happened to me when I got mine back from the shop and I thought they were joyriding too. Makes sense and I sure hope that this was the case :eek:

That is a TERRIBLE story and my sympathy goes out to you man!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.