Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Definitely like the latter version better; the supercharged decal looked a little ricey to me.

Also like your gauges; not sure about the supercharged emblem in front of them.

Ultimately, it's your car, and you should modify it however it makes you happy.

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
noz34me said:
Definitely like the latter version better; the supercharged decal looked a little ricey to me.

Also like your gauges; not sure about the supercharged emblem in front of them.

Ultimately, it's your car, and you should modify it however it makes you happy.
I'm still debating the emblem in front of the gauges also. I ordered it for the back but could not paint it black since the letters were all conected. It would have never showed up. So I ordered the one that's on the trunk now and was able to paint it and have the letters show up. I couldn't figure out what to do with the original one so I stuck it there just to see what it would look like.

·
Registered
456 Posts
:cheers

It looks great both ways. It just depends on the look you're going for.

Where did you order the emblem?

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Robertr2000 said:
:cheers

It looks great both ways. It just depends on the look you're going for.

Which one? :confused :confused

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Dumping the supercharged decal was a smart move. Keep going and get rid of the ones on the rear window, too. Ditch the supercharged emblem from the gauge pod. Do the same with the license plate frame.

The supercharged goat emblems are cool -- but painting them black was a little over the top. Understand you're going for a black and yellow theme -- but too many bits and pieces tacked on begins to look cheesy.

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
b_a_betterperson said:
Dumping the supercharged decal was a smart move. Keep going and get rid of the ones on the rear window, too. Ditch the supercharged emblem from the gauge pod. Do the same with the license plate frame.

The supercharged goat emblems are cool -- but painting them black was a little over the top. Understand you're going for a black and yellow theme -- but too many bits and pieces tacked on begins to look cheesy.
To each his own. I don't really have anything on the car other than black and yellow so I didn't want those to be the only emblems on the car that were chrome looking. The license plate cover stays you don't like it that's your opinion and that's fine.

It doesn't look cheesy to me and that's really what matters in the end.

MAXAMOOSE said:
Looks Good, Although I Would Also Lose The Supercharge Emblem Inside.
Yeah it's going I just was looking for somewhere to put it on the inside of the car since it was an extra one laying around.

·
Registered
456 Posts

05GOAT said:
Which one? :confused :confused

The supercharger emblem in front of your gauges

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Robertr2000 said:

The supercharger emblem in front of your gauges
The one on the dash with the gauges is the GM original replacement for the early Regals I think. Got it at GMParts direct.

b_a_betterperson said:
Then break out the Sharpie and start coloring around the outside of your Pontiac arrowhead.

Actually I am getting the black inlay for the trunk and front fascia emblems to get rid of the orange or yellow what ever color the inside of the arrowhead is suppose to be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.