Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a GTO fan for 35 years and enjoyed this website forum as an observer and member. I recently tried to post some items for sale but was restricted because I haven't completed enough posts previously. I certainly understand restrictions to posting on sale items to prevent scams and folks taking advantage of the members but also noticed that most items on the sale forum are weeks, months or years old. To be effective the forum needs current items and inputs. Possibly the current restrictions are too strict. I would think active engagement of a forum should be considered on establishing restrictions. Please consider. Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't think anyone should be restricted from posting anything because they don't have enough previous activity. Many, including myself, are lurkers. We enjoy reading and learning from the postings, but lack experience and skill in posting anything to help others. We shouldn't be penalized over it. We do the best we can, Nicholas.

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
I have been a GTO fan for 35 years and enjoyed this website forum as an observer and member. I recently tried to post some items for sale but was restricted because I haven't completed enough posts previously. I certainly understand restrictions to posting on sale items to prevent scams and folks taking advantage of the members but also noticed that most items on the sale forum are weeks, months or years old. To be effective the forum needs current items and inputs. Possibly the current restrictions are too strict. I would think active engagement of a forum should be considered on establishing restrictions. Please consider. Thanks
I don't think anyone should be restricted from posting anything because they don't have enough previous activity. Many, including myself, are lurkers. We enjoy reading and learning from the postings, but lack experience and skill in posting anything to help others. We shouldn't be penalized over it. We do the best we can, Nicholas.
Thanks for your input, with the assistance of the other administrators I will make some adjustments to those forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts