Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool Just wondering if any members are bidding on a Ram Air IV GTO on eBay?

Pontiac GTO Orange Black | eBay

The GTO up for bid has had a body/VIN swap -- plus the particulars of the auction description cause me a great deal of concern. Whoever wins this auction is gonna regret it. "caveat emptor."

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yeah, it's an oddball.
The PHS indicates it was a non-A/C, vinyl top car.
You need to go into this one with your eyes wide open.

It has been re-listed several times.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Swap

not bidding but how do you know about the vin swap?
The PHS indicates it was a non-A/C, vinyl top car.
:cool The body the GTO has at this time is an A/C body -- no doubt the hidden VIN on the body won't match up with the VIN plate. The seller declined my request to provide a photo of the Fisher Body Cowl Data Tag -- the GTO was originally Green with a Black vinyl top...

The seller is a car guy and should know what "Matching Numbers" means -- yet he never says it's a numbers car. When he says "correct" he's betting bidders will assume he means "original." Seems kinda shady.

I'd love to have a Ram Air IV, but can you imagine taking the GTO to the GTO Nationals and getting raked over the coals by the judges? Embarrassing, eh?

It's sold before, but apparently the buyer backed out of the deal upon closer inspection?

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
1970 XP block comes back as a california F-body RAIV or a california Judge RAIV if thise sight is correct.

XP F-body 70 400 370 Turbo 400 L-67 1x4 9799915 4 Califorina Ram Air IV
XP A-body 70 400 370 Turbo 400 L-67 1x4 9799915 4 GTO Judge Califorina Ram Air IV

·
Registered
50 Posts
It really is buyer beware. If someone buys that car without doing their homework it's their problem as I see it. Pontiacs are so easy to verify how it came from the factory with the PHS and information available online. Swapping vin tags is a crime so the FBI is probably talking to this guy already.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts