Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost ready to plunge into GTO ownership. I have my eye on a Barbados Blue (I know, not real popular around here, but it's what I like!)

Anyway, the last 6M Barbados Blue I can find within a couple hundred miles of me is a demonstrator. I am a little concerned about buying a demonstrator as I can only imagine what kind of break-in/early life the car had. The odometer reads 1,965 miles. Supposedly, the dealership's owner drove the car and "always babied it," but then again, the salesman sure as hell isn't going to say, "Oh yeah, every sales guy in here really whipped the piss out of this car."

Anyway, would you buy a demonstrator, and if so, how much of a discount would you think is fair for the 1,965 miles?

Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
buying a demonstrator

Well, maybe some people took a test drive like they were qualifying for the Indy 500, but overall I would say go for it, as long as dealer works a good deal for you. Some people probably test drove like I did - conservatively. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
You know not to be negative. But I get a new demo every year and I pitty the fool who buys my demos. I take very good care of it with maintenance but man it gets driven hard.

But then again I drive my personal cars like that. I see what some of the guys I work with do to there Demos. If you get a Demo, make sure the dealer gives you a hell of a deal. Plus get a GMPP warranty. Best in the business.

I would say if they sell it to you for around $29,000 that would be a good price since the car is $32 normally.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Darrin said:
I am almost ready to plunge into GTO ownership. I have my eye on a Barbados Blue (I know, not real popular around here, but it's what I like!)

Anyway, the last 6M Barbados Blue I can find within a couple hundred miles of me is a demonstrator. I am a little concerned about buying a demonstrator as I can only imagine what kind of break-in/early life the car had. The odometer reads 1,965 miles. Supposedly, the dealership's owner drove the car and "always babied it," but then again, the salesman sure as hell isn't going to say, "Oh yeah, every sales guy in here really whipped the piss out of this car."

Anyway, would you buy a demonstrator, and if so, how much of a discount would you think is fair for the 1,965 miles?

Thanks.
Darrin, Good choice on the Barbados Blue. It was my color choice. I have had a lot of compliments on the car. The other cool thing about the Barbados Blue is that the color seems to change with the light. Dare to be different... You'll be glad you did. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have him thrown in or deeply discount an extended warranty for you. I am sure there are plenty of people who have the same concerns as you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Darrin said:

Thanks.

Well, they are selling new 04 GTOs for $25 and change with rebate, so keep that in mind when considering a demo. Do they have more than one GTO demo? If not, that alone says more than the owner sported that ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts