Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking around this site for awhile, trying to make sure I wanted a new GTO. Have considered a used GTO, a new '04 I found in midwest, and used 2002 Camaro Z28 Anniversary edition. Made up my mind.

I'm in Shenandoah Valley, VA. I'm open to traveling to Northern Virginia, Roanoke, WV, to get the best deal. There's still quite a few '05 six speed cars in VA. Even though the "base" car is pretty well loaded, that's what I want. Black or Midnight Blue.

My plan was to go to a dealership the last week of the year with money in hand. I'm also hoping either GM or GM Card will ante up some more bucks.

Would appreciate recommendations on dealerships that may be the most receptive to "dealing". Best price I've found so far is $28,500. Would love to get the price down to $26,500 or better; otherwise maybe its best to wait until January.

Had nearly $10K in rebates offered to me last year on an '04, but that's another story that I don't expect repeated on an '05

Any suggestions will sure be appreciated.

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
big_mike said:
basically, yeah! I am at the exit by Potomac Mills.
I talked to Woodbridge based on a price I saw on this website; gave the guy the information, and he never called me back.

Big Mike, my daugter just graduated Mary Washington this past May. She was very close to you. Alas, now she's in Denver!

G

·
May want to give them a call back, they tend to get busy from time to time.

Damn, another out of state one! lol

I tell ya, I can never find a girl close to me. :(

·
Registered
119 Posts
Having just purchased an '05 Black/Red GTO, I would tell you to wait and purchase an '06. There IS special pricing on them now (about $3500 off). I am 56 and have owned 7 new C5 Corvettes (3 of them Z06's) in the last nine years. There are a couple of improvements.

The GTO is the best build quality I have ever seen. Its a bit "porky" at 3800 pounds, but what a great overall vehicle. Much better than any Corvette I have owned (except for braking, acceleration, ant cornering). It actually seats four!

Get the 6 speed AND the 18" wheels.................18 INCH WHEELS! DON'T FORGET!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vnamvet said:
Having just purchased an '05 Black/Red GTO, I would tell you to wait and purchase an '06. There IS special pricing on them now (about $3500 off). I am 56 and have owned 7 new C5 Corvettes (3 of them Z06's) in the last nine years. There are a couple of improvements.

The GTO is the best build quality I have ever seen. Its a bit "porky" at 3800 pounds, but what a great overall vehicle. Much better than any Corvette I have owned (except for braking, acceleration, ant cornering). It actually seats four!

Get the 6 speed AND the 18" wheels.................18 INCH WHEELS! DON'T FORGET!
The 18's look good, but they're summer tires. I'm in VA. Right now it's frozen- - -

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.