Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with how GM sells a car at the end of a lease? The residual on my car after 2 years is an amazing 20,400.00 which is why my payments are so crazy low. But it won't possibly be worth that much since they are only bringing high teens used now. Does GM offer to let you buy the car at market prices or do they always stick to the residual? If this turns out to be a good car, I might want to keep it- but not for 20,400.00!

·
Registered
109 Posts
The last two leases that my parents had through GMAC where offered for less than the residual at a good financing rate for a used car. While GM is a business and looking to make money, they are not dumb and will try to minimize any loss. The 07 models on the new platform will be out for many of us when the lease is over so the market price for an 04 or 05 GTO will be fairly low IMO.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Glad to read that muohio. When we tried to buy my mother in laws alero three years ago they wanted more than what the cars on the used lot were going for.

at this juncture I am thinking of buying the car at the end, but 18700 for a 04 in december 07 when the 08s should be out seems a bit steep to me. I was thinking maybe 10-12k for a four model year old car with 36k.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.