Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am probably going to buy a new one tomorrow. I'm in NY where we have Smartbuy and no lease options.
Here is my deal: $2k off msrp- $5k GM card cash incl roundup- $5.5k rebates.
MSRP is about $33k. Buy for $31 plus tax of about $2500=$33500. Take off $12.5k=$21k.
How is it that some of you are buying them for under $20k? What am I missing?

I can Smartbuy for $1k down and $125 per month. I'd like to make it better if possible.
Thanks.

Please advise.

·
Registered
674 Posts
i got 2300 off sticker plus 5500 plus 2000 of earnings. nassau tax 8.75%. nothing out of pocket 285 a month. if i got the 5000 or earnings it would have been 200 for 36 months

·
Registered
37 Posts
jeffthunbird said:
I can Smartbuy for $1k down and $125 per month. I'd like to make it better if possible.
Thanks.
Please advise.
that's INSANE! get it before someone else does...
-Andy

·
Registered
267 Posts
get it ,that is an awsome deal!!! as for people getting them cheaper i would take that stuff with a grain of salt, one in the hand is better than 2 in the bush and if its the color and trans you want its a no brainer. good luck you wont regret it [the 04 m6s are getting slim.]

·
Registered
39 Posts
flht3 said:
get it ,that is an awsome deal!!! as for people getting them cheaper i would take that stuff with a grain of salt, one in the hand is better than 2 in the bush and if its the color and trans you want its a no brainer. good luck you wont regret it [the 04 m6s are getting slim.]
Could not agree more. This is almost identical to the deal I got on December 17 and I am very happy. So what if someone can knock another $1000 off - it is still a great deal on a great car and dealers are getting wise on the few M6s that are left so these types of deals are harder to find.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm getting a purple m6 and I need to decide between leasing and buying. It totally depends on what the car will be worth in 2 years. Any educated guesses? If I buy, it is 392/60mo if I lease, it is 167/24mo. based on a bottom line of 21885 incl tax. My dealer said there will be no Smart buys after the first of the year because GM is discontinuing them. I need all my stuff dated after 1-1 for tax purposes, so I may have to lease. I have a feeling that these cars are going to be worth in the 12-15,000 range after 2 years so it may not be worth buying since you can lease and then if you still want one just buy a used one cheap. Anyone have any words of wisdom on this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I decided to lease because likely you can find a nice used 04 GTO or newer for substantially less than the ~$19-20k residual. You get to drive a killer car for 2 years very cheaply. Got my 04 Impulse Blue yesterday at $139/mo tax included for 24mo. Not a cent outta my pocket. Couldn't turn it down.

JT

·
Registered
1 Posts
jeffthunbird said:
I am probably going to buy a new one tomorrow. I'm in NY where we have Smartbuy and no lease options.
Here is my deal: $2k off msrp- $5k GM card cash incl roundup- $5.5k rebates.
MSRP is about $33k. Buy for $31 plus tax of about $2500=$33500. Take off $12.5k=$21k.
How is it that some of you are buying them for under $20k? What am I missing?

Thanks.

Please advise.
You should be able to get invoice at the very least (30,700) for MT6, 31,148 for auto - ask if the dealer has any $500.00 coupons left and if they can apply them to the deal (you can use three - they should use these on a '04 as they would like to get them off the books..) so hopefully another $1500 off there - also the dealer gets $1000 holdback end of year - if you want to get some of that they also should give you 1/2, or $500.00, then $5500 rebate, $5000 GM card bonus cash - now you are at ultra bargain range - my buddy smart bought fro 0 down, $98/mo for 2 yrs/24k miles. My deal was an automatic ~$450 down, $96.97 a month 2yr smart buy/12k mi/yr. I've heard as low as 0 down, $65/mo for guys with the $1500 military conus on top of it all....good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vandamme said:
You should be able to get invoice at the very least (30,700) for MT6, 31,148 for auto - ask if the dealer has any $500.00 coupons left and if they can apply them to the deal (you can use three - they should use these on a '04 as they would like to get them off the books..) so hopefully another $1500 off there - also the dealer gets $1000 holdback end of year - if you want to get some of that they also should give you 1/2, or $500.00, then $5500 rebate, $5000 GM card bonus cash - now you are at ultra bargain range - my buddy smart bought fro 0 down, $98/mo for 2 yrs/24k miles. My deal was an automatic ~$450 down, $96.97 a month 2yr smart buy/12k mi/yr. I've heard as low as 0 down, $65/mo for guys with the $1500 military conus on top of it all....good luck!
Your buddy wins the best deal award. My dealer didn't have any coupons. Would only go $2k off MSRP. 24 month smart buy at $0 down was $189. Great deal but I passed this time. A local buddy got 3 coupons last week and got $500 down $100 per month. I would have done that but...Will have to scrape by with the vette.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My son picked up a black one yesterday. Sticks are getting hard to find in my area. I think the best deals are behind us. The dealer we got the car from received 3 inquiries after we put a deposit on the car. Some of the dealers we contacted we not willing to discount except for the rebates. Had to drive 300 miles to get a deal but it was worth it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
jeffthunbird said:
Your buddy wins the best deal award. My dealer didn't have any coupons. Would only go $2k off MSRP. 24 month smart buy at $0 down was $189. Great deal but I passed this time. A local buddy got 3 coupons last week and got $500 down $100 per month. I would have done that but...Will have to scrape by with the vette.
Jeff,
Check your PM box asap. Got a number in there I think you want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts