Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. Well I have a 05 gto red M6 and love it. I am looking to do some light modifications to it of course. I could use some specific advice on where to start. I already put some flow masters on it, so the sound has improved. The real question I have is this. When I come back from Baghdad i am going to trade my 03 tahoe on something else. What else I dont know. I have been looking at the 350Z and the WRX Sti. I was wondering what your thoughts were on that and if you have any other recommendations. Obviously I am looking for a fast car. Nothing against it but I am not considering the mustang at all. In fact I may trade in my significant others mustang with the tahoe on whatever car i decide to get. Trying to keep it 35 thousand or less. Would like your guys thoughts, you always have good imput. Thanks abunch.

·
Registered
115 Posts
sig229 said:
Hey everybody. Well I have a 05 gto red M6 and love it. I am looking to do some light modifications to it of course. I could use some specific advice on where to start. I already put some flow masters on it, so the sound has improved. The real question I have is this. When I come back from Baghdad i am going to trade my 03 tahoe on something else. What else I dont know. I have been looking at the 350Z and the WRX Sti. I was wondering what your thoughts were on that and if you have any other recommendations. Obviously I am looking for a fast car. Nothing against it but I am not considering the mustang at all. In fact I may trade in my significant others mustang with the tahoe on whatever car i decide to get. Trying to keep it 35 thousand or less. Would like your guys thoughts, you always have good imput. Thanks abunch.
first i want to say thanks for protecting our country and come home safe. if it was me gas miles i would buy suberu i kind of like the baja. but now if i was going to replace my truck 02 avalanche id go toy tundra. why tundra well with kind of work i do my avalanche cant be beat. now after doing the toy off road expereaince last yr. it impressed me big time. now i dont know when ur coming back but there are a lot of new cars out so who knows .

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sig229, Sorry to hear you have to leave us for active duty but as far as your car troubles goes, It may be worth it to look at getting a nice truck. Toyota Tundra is a nice truck and you can be comfortable in it. I guess what I am really trying to say is you never know when a truck is gonna come in handy, me I drive my truck everyday and my 04 m6 GTO is a weekend car. besides if you are gonna modify your Goat to much you may want to tow it to the track or if you are really driving it hard and, maybe break something, you may want to be able to tow it back with out too much bother? So if you have the choice a car and a truck. As for the "Significant Other" just remember "if momma ain't happy, you ain't happy" jeff foxworthy. Might make sure she gets what she wants too. Happy hunting and come back and see us! :seeya:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the input. i am getting some suggestions for trucks. I figure though if I was going to buy a truck i would just keep my tahoe. I have already been making payments on it and no reason to get a brand new one and have it depreciate immediately after driving it off the lot. I want something different. Call it a reward for myself for putting up with all the fun in Baghdad. Besides this is my second time over here and the whole time last time i was here I was planning and saving for my gto. It gave me something to work for and look forward too. Now that i am back over here i wanted something else to work for/look forward too. Kind of my motivation while i am here. what i really want there is no way i can afford. i love i mean absolutely love the z06. i would sell my kidney on the blackmarket if i could buy one. :) ok probably not. i really like the way the 350z is looks and is set up. i know that it is slower than the gto. (most everything is) I do want to mod my gto, but i have to get the scratch by my gas cover fixed first. going to cost about 600. dont ask, i am sooo pissed about that. i had to leave before getting that fixed and it is killing me knowing it is sitting there like that. i considered the sti, but it seems like a car for ayounger person. the 350z makes the same hp but it is not turboed. seems like it has more long term potential. let me know what you guys think and if you have a better idea.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My thoughts on your second car to purchase

sig229 said:
First of all, stay safe over there and I hope you get the vehicle you want.

Here's my suggestion... Purchase a low mileage but well taken care of used 2002 or 2003 Z06. I love my 2004 Z16 Z06 and its faster than any new stock GTO. I also purchased a second car last year and it was an 05 GTO, I ended up using the lemon law on the GTO for electrical problems... but I still like the new GTO's... I'll tell you hands down my Z06 is faster and more nibble. Not here to run down the GTO but to suggest to you since your wanting something fast and exciting for under 35 grand you could purchase the 02 or 03 Z06. The Z06 will always hold a very good resale value if kept up, its ashame but we all know thats not true with the GTO. You can scroll down to the bottom of this forum and see a site called "Corvette Forum" lots of nice Vettes for sale on that site and there are many other sites on the internet you can look for used Z06's. Just an idea and something to keep your mind dreaming and occupied. I know what you mean I have to have a goal in my mind and i'm sure being over there you need to have a goal in mind to keep things in check.

Consider a very nice Z06 if your not wanting something new. If you need to trade in your vehicle you can look at dealerships for used Vettes, I'd sell your truck or car outright though and buy from an individual.

Good luck, stay safe!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
raven1124 said:
I have an idea. Let me take care of your goat. I need a daily beater.:D Or you can sell your goat and buy an Z06. Check your pm Chris. And by the way, Maxwell still sucks...if you didn't know that already.

I checked my pm, nothing there. I figured Maxwell still sucked. I have been there for five years and it has sucked the whole time. No reason for it to change now. Done anything new to your goat? Good to hear from you, shoot me an email sometime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.