Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my previously rail dusted goat back today from my detail shop. My car felt like sandpaper and now its smooth as glass. I can't emphasize enough that if you have a new GTO, check for this. I called my dealer up immediately and complained. They footed the $75 bill to have the car clayed, scratches buffed out and car re-waxed. They showed me the clay they used and all ths scum that peeled off my car. Amazing. The car seriously looks better than the day I got it. SOME dealerships dont have "detailed" detailers...they really beat up my car from the start so if you do have work done after your purchase, elect to take it to a professional.
:cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you make sure they did the windows as well?

Often people check to see if a car needs to be clayed by running their hand over the surface. This will pick up some problems. However try the baggie trick. Get a new plastic freezer bag. Stick you hand inside and wipe across the surface. I was floored when I did this. It felt like the paint was sandpaper! In fact the surface of the baggie, where my fingers pressed it against the paint, was scratched! After I clayed the car, smooth as silk :cool

1 - 3 of 3 Posts