Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home on the hiway a new challenger pulls up on my left.The light changes and the challenger takes off before me then i realize that he wants to run.He is out on me by about a car length then i hit second and passed him by about two cars.He then pulls up at the next light and gives me a thumbs up,so i return the gesture.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Does it matter???? They're both slow!!!!!!!

Just Kidding Deuuuce. Put the gun down. LOL
LOL!

Just read OPs stats - I/E, 357rwhp. SRT-8 would have to be fully tuned to give him a good run. My guess it was an SRT-8.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It was an SRT 8. Those things are pretty quick,certainly not faster than my Vette.My Vette has been off the road since last October so that was the first run of this year.It does put down 357 at the wheels from the last time it was up on the dyno and keeps up to a stock C5 ZO6.This Vette is super clean and has won a few awards at the all Corvette shows. The latest mod done was lowering it on the stock bolts and next week I will add the cross drilled powder coated rotors.The car also has a complete Alpine sound system and a small sub.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
It was an SRT 8. Those things are pretty quick,certainly not faster than my Vette.My Vette has been off the road since last October so that was the first run of this year.It does put down 357 at the wheels from the last time it was up on the dyno and keeps up to a stock C5 ZO6.This Vette is super clean and has won a few awards at the all Corvette shows. The latest mod done was lowering it on the stock bolts and next week I will add the cross drilled powder coated rotors.The car also has a complete Alpine sound system and a small sub.
Your Vette also happens to be one of the rarest and nicest color combos.

:cheers

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I always see lowering on stock bolts. What exactly does that mean?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The car was dropped maybe less than an inch both front and rear.There are bolts on both the front and rear transverse or leaf springs as what they are called. There is a locking retainer above the adjustment nut. Just back off the retainer then back off the nut equal amount of turns on both sides of the car and do the same for the front and rear.Now turn down the retainer to the adjustment nut.This will lower the car and if that is not enough you can get longer aftermarket bolts to drop it even more.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
The car was dropped maybe less than an inch both front and rear.There are bolts on both the front and rear transverse or leaf springs as what they are called. There is a locking retainer above the adjustment nut. Just back off the retainer then back off the nut equal amount of turns on both sides of the car and do the same for the front and rear.Now turn down the retainer to the adjustment nut.This will lower the car and if that is not enough you can get longer aftermarket bolts to drop it even more.
I had to pull up the service manual to see what your talking about. I think I see it now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts