Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no clue what this guy was thinking.

He had a nice white C55 AMG and two passengers with him. We were driving down 441 towards Orlando. He was in a string of traffic doing 55 and I was doing about 65 in the left lane. I passed him and he jumped out behind me and started riding my butt.

We cleared the string of cars on the right and he dove for the right lane and nailed it.

I stomped him. 65 to 110 and I had 6 cars on him maybe more. No clue what he was thinking. If I'd have been in the Mustang it might have been one thing, but this guy has to know that a C5 Z06 is at least a mid to low 12's car and his Mercedes is a mid 13's car and with 2 guys plus the driver it's probably more like a 14 second car.

He didn't even aknowledge the race. I slowed and he slowed and wouldn't pass till I got back down to about 65. He then did a ricer fly by and put on his flashers. I was half tempted to squash him again, but it really didn't matter so I just ignored him.

Drove the Z06 today. It's been getting ignored since I bought the Mustang and let me tell you, it felt soooooooo good to drive the Vette. It's just so fast and fun. I'm keeping this car forever. LOL

·
Registered
77 Posts
It goes along with the ricer flyby, it's his way of saying "I won," just like flying by you going 20+ faster than you even though you just stomped him and aren't racing anymore.

In serious street drag races it's a way of showing everyone back at the start who won, but I've never seen it done on the open road unaccompanied by a ricer flyby.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have no clue what this guy was thinking.

He had a nice white C55 AMG and two passengers with him. We were driving down 441 towards Orlando. He was in a string of traffic doing 55 and I was doing about 65 in the left lane. I passed him and he jumped out behind me and started riding my butt.

We cleared the string of cars on the right and he dove for the right lane and nailed it.

I stomped him. 65 to 110 and I had 6 cars on him maybe more. No clue what he was thinking. If I'd have been in the Mustang it might have been one thing, but this guy has to know that a C5 Z06 is at least a mid to low 12's car and his Mercedes is a mid 13's car and with 2 guys plus the driver it's probably more like a 14 second car.

He didn't even aknowledge the race. I slowed and he slowed and wouldn't pass till I got back down to about 65. He then did a ricer fly by and put on his flashers. I was half tempted to squash him again, but it really didn't matter so I just ignored him.

Drove the Z06 today. It's been getting ignored since I bought the Mustang and let me tell you, it felt soooooooo good to drive the Vette. It's just so fast and fun. I'm keeping this car forever. LOL

Nice run. I beat one from a dig in my 06 goat by about 2 cars to 80. He probably thought you were just a regular C5

1 - 4 of 4 Posts