Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was feeling pretty good after beating up on a C6 (Link to Thread ) so I thought I'd pick on a c7. Didn't go as well lol. It was brand new and had one of those 8 speed fast shiting auto's in it. Man was it a pleasure to hear that thing rip off gears next to me.

Setup: Cruising on the interstate, middle lane. He comes up in the fast lane with other traffic. I drop it down a gear when he gets next to me and blip the gas. He realizes whats going on. slows down to let the traffic go a little bit. I'm in 3rd at about 70, I give him 3 honks. He goes on 2 and drives away from me. I had nothing for him starting at that speed. I thought It was over. He then slows down again. I take my go pro out and start filming his car. I hear him drop down a gear and realize he want's to run again. I quickly get the go pro set on the dash drop it down the 3rd then 2nd. He was going to have to work for this time! Gave him 3 honks and we were off. Started at about 45mph to about 130. Held my own till about 110 but once I was in 4th that 8 speed auto was just clicking off shifts pulling away. Finished aound 130mph and he was about 2.5 cars out on me. Looks like more on the go pro because I had it in super wide angle so distance looks exaggerated. Here's the vid:

I think I did pretty well considering my stock powered 11 year old boat. I also think judging by his facial expression he expected to beat me way worse. All in all fun little session.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts