Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
PONTIACSTYL said:
I know this has been addressed already but, Which CAI fits and worked the best out of all options? K/N, Lingenfelter, etc....

Hi there! :seeya:

Check out the Volant. I noticed more power and the exhaust even sounded better (from stock)

:cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ive had no complains with my K&N CAI. Got a little hp increase and once I got my headers on you can hear the thing SUCK.

I think my RK Sport hood helped a bit though. The scoops channel the air right over the CAI and it seals closed on top of the K&N heat shield. ("ram-air" as some might call it)

·
Registered
115 Posts
well hate to say this but dont go valant sorry robertr2000 , i thought of getting it til one of the guys on another board did a tune on his car lost hp til he took off the lid . go fig . im considering the one from cs performance . they are from australa and make them for all the cars down there. i heard hardcore is a good one.

·
Registered
456 Posts
bluebyeu05 said:
i thought of getting it til one of the guys on another board did a tune on his car lost hp til he took off the lid.

Did he remove the plastic piece from the secondary opening first? It was still attached and just needed to be (on mine at least) "popped" out. I guess it could be missed. The instructions are lacking and this wasn't in the instructions :rolleyes:

just an FYI.... :cool

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just wanted some protection for love bug season. People from florida know what i'm talking about. We bought a used Trans-am and the previous owner did not clean the front end and the paint was ruined with the stains from the bugs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Robertr2000 said:
Did he remove the plastic piece from the secondary opening first? It was still attached and just needed to be (on mine at least) "popped" out. I guess it could be missed. The instructions are lacking and this wasn't in the instructions :rolleyes:

just an FYI.... :cool
to tell you the truth i really dont know all he had said was that when it was dynoed they had the lid on and took it off and got more hp with it off. now i my self just ordered the cold air box from cs performance so i will post how it performs after i get it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
PONTIACSTYL said:
I just wanted some protection for love bug season. People from florida know what i'm talking about. We bought a used Trans-am and the previous owner did not clean the front end and the paint was ruined with the stains from the bugs.
go look into the ultra bra it is clear and u dont have to worry about taking on and off. well worth it . its made by 3m. web site is www.ultrashield.com . i had it installed after i got my goat and glad i did. hate those lov bugs.

·
Registered
456 Posts
bluebyeu05 said:
to tell you the truth i really dont know all he had said was that when it was dynoed they had the lid on and took it off and got more hp with it off. now i my self just ordered the cold air box from cs performance so i will post how it performs after i get it.

Well, what ever CAI you get, I'm sure it will work great!

You know, if you remove the Stock Air box cover (or any CAI cover), you'll get more HP as well. Just a thought :rolleyes: but y ou're not going to drive around that way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.