Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im making my 3rd 2500 mile trip. Finally taking the goat from Cali back to her nice cozy garage in Pa. I will be taking I-40 most of the trip. ill be going through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and finally Pennsylania. My dates are from the 1st to the 3rd or 4th of June depending on how tired i get. So if any of you see me, fell free to stop me and take me to your house for dinner:cheers, haha. But im down to stop for a break and have a chat or whatever. If you see my HID's in your rear view and i pass you at a high rate of speed, please dont flash your lights rapidly, i may think your the cops and might not stop! haha thanks!

Also if any1 has any tips to make my trip go by smooth, that would be awesome!

Things im gunna check- Tires, Oil, Transmission, coolant, power steering, and Brake fluid. If im missing anything, TELL ME! Thanks
I added a pic so you know who to stop.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
damn billy, u leaving for good or what??? when/if you get back lemme kno and well meet up and chill.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Fleeing? Vacationing? Fleeing? You can run from whats going on but you can't hide, they will find you. :willy: August 21 in Lancaster is our All Pontiac Show if Awwnnuld and Pelosi don't come drag you back bring the goat to the show, our show is one of the finest Pontiac shows held. SVGTO

Tips? Use your auto pilot as often as possible, stay off the phone and texting while driving rest often and watch for the incoherent they are all around us.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn billy, u leaving for good or what??? when/if you get back lemme kno and well meet up and chill.
No im not leaving for good. Just taking the GTO back home she is in her prime, paint is fresh and still somewhat low miles. I dont really have to put miles on it when i got 4 cars at home just sitting there that i really dont care about. Im also tired if people hitting it cuz they're so disrespectful towards other peoples cars, so i mise well drive 2500 miles back and leave it there in the garage and bring back my Cobalt or Avenger. bit of a down grade but i am gunna love the gas mileage. haha.

We can def. chill when i get back out here, ill be back in the beginning of June.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Where in PA?

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Conneaut Lake. Its about 45 min below Erie
Nothing quite like pymatuning for Muskie fishing.

I've made that same trip you are making so many times it's not funny. If you want any advice PM me.

I've always left LA bright and early 4-5 AM and driven to Shamrock Texas. Lots of hotels there.

Then the next day, tired from the first I leave a bit later, 7Am and drive to somewhere in eastern Indiana for the next day. Then finished by 2 or 3 on the third day.

That's keeping it around 5 over the limit and not driving more than 16 hours the first day and 14 hours the second.

Be safe and have fun. I love a good road trip.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing quite like pymatuning for Muskie fishing.

I've made that same trip you are making so many times it's not funny. If you want any advice PM me.

I've always left LA bright and early 4-5 AM and driven to Shamrock Texas. Lots of hotels there.

Then the next day, tired from the first I leave a bit later, 7Am and drive to somewhere in eastern Indiana for the next day. Then finished by 2 or 3 on the third day.

That's keeping it around 5 over the limit and not driving more than 16 hours the first day and 14 hours the second.

Be safe and have fun. I love a good road trip.

Thats awesome you went all the way up there to go muskie fishing. haha

Im actually gunna try and make it in 2 days... ill most likely be sleeping in my car to save money for some TLC when i actually get there. maybe some new shoes or some LT's.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Thats awesome you went all the way up there to go muskie fishing. haha

Im actually gunna try and make it in 2 days... ill most likely be sleeping in my car to save money for some TLC when i actually get there. maybe some new shoes or some LT's.
I grew up in Pittsburgh.

Been a long time since I did the sleep in the car thing.

Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd advise adjusting your headlights & fogs if they seem really dim. I just did mine, and wow, what a difference.
I think if i adjusted my headlights, i may get the finger from every car that passes me. Ive got HID's those are a WOW. haha i think that was the best $150 ive ever spent. sometimes i think they are too bright. But as long as i can see the White Tail that decide to jump out in front of me on my way home, ill be happy.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Damn... It is a small world. I grew up 2 hours above Pittsburgh. and now we are both in Ca... I definitely would choose Pa tho. ill be very happy to go back when i do.
I escaped the Peoples Republik Of Kalifornia about 6 years ago. I lived in San Luis Obispo.

Moved to Florida. I doubt I would ever move back to Pennsylvania, but you never know what might happen. I moved back to California 3 years ago for a temporary thing that was tons of money and supposed to be permanant.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
I think if i adjusted my headlights, i may get the finger from every car that passes me. Ive got HID's those are a WOW. haha i think that was the best $150 ive ever spent. sometimes i think they are too bright. But as long as i can see the White Tail that decide to jump out in front of me on my way home, ill be happy.
I'll be going that route someday this summer.:cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts