Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RIP (12/27/60-7/18/15)
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my 4 piston calipers back from being overhauled.
they look awesome!!
In their installation instructions it said to use a " brass washer"
what could this mean?
Also, do I need a any goo or sealant on the lines threads?
Got my new starter too and my #4 PCV cable and 1200 degree tubing.
Kinda bummed that I need to remove the drivers side motor mount to install the battery cable tube.
This, when done I can attempt to finish building the front end so I can get a temp regis to drive to to the shop too look at my differential, and fix various small things I have issues with :D
but slamon and crab season starts in 3 weeks:willy:
yet ...........sept will be a year since i started to I figure im ahead of the curve
be well my friends
TK

·
Registered
475 Posts
I finally got my 4 piston calipers back from being overhauled.
they look awesome!!
In their installation instructions it said to use a " brass washer"
what could this mean?
Also, do I need a any goo or sealant on the lines threads?
Got my new starter too and my #4 PCV cable and 1200 degree tubing.
Kinda bummed that I need to remove the drivers side motor mount to install the battery cable tube.
This, when done I can attempt to finish building the front end so I can get a temp regis to drive to to the shop too look at my differential, and fix various small things I have issues with :D
but slamon and crab season starts in 3 weeks:willy:
yet ...........sept will be a year since i started to I figure im ahead of the curve
be well my friends
TK
they are probably talking about a small brass or copper actually washer between the caliper and the brake line used as a gasket.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I agree. The banjo bolt at the end of the brake hose that connects to the caliper (if it's that type) requires two washers per caliper, usually made of copper, not brass. Avatilable at NAPA. I am unfamiliar with the 4 piston '67 calipers, so don't know how the line attaches. NO SEALER or dope on ANY brake line stuff, ever!!!!!

·
Registered
704 Posts
actually, may need 2 washers per side if using a Banjo bolt, only one needed if just using the hose directly threaded into caliper.

·
RIP (12/27/60-7/18/15)
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Banjo bolt?
I didnt know I had one lol
are you guy telling me i need a washer over the fitting line that goes into the caliper/
thanks as always

·
RIP (12/27/60-7/18/15)
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the fittings screw in as every other brake line does.........these are 3/8

·
Registered
65 Posts
There are no banjo type brake lines/hoses on a 67 4 piston style brake system. It's all just standard brake "pipes" with the standard brake pipe fittings.

I'm thinking your instructions were just generic. Kinda a bummer that suppliers can get lazy with good instructions. This kind of stuff can lead people in wild goose chase situations.

Dave

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Good point, Dimitri. And a high quality line wrench. And do NOT tighten the snot out of it. Good and tight, but not distorted-tight. It sounds like a regular flare-fitting....easy to bugger up if not careful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts