Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my GTO 2 weeks ago and was wondering if there were any other owners around Memphis

I see some people from AR. I assume there are others in TN and MS.

I was wondering if there were some people interested in a local gathering, of course a 300+ mile trip could be considered local since the car is so fun to drive.

Just wanted to see who was out there

·
Registered
19 Posts
Memphis Area

Napalm,

I live in Olive Branch and have a black '04. It is not a daily driver, but it comes out on nice weekends. I have only seen a handful of other GTOs on the road since I got mine in mid July. Frequently see a Yellow Jacket in the Walmart lot in OB. Saw a black one with drive-away tag in the rear window yesterday at Perkins and 240.

We need to get something going here in Memphis with the GTO owners (new and old). I know some great roads with curves, hills and good scenery. Usually a decent place to eat along the way.

My e-mail is [email protected].

Looking forward to hearing from other mid-south GTO folks.

JWC

·
Registered
19 Posts
Meet in the Middle

The Memphis area GTOs (only two posted so far) could meet the Arkansas GTOs somewhere north east of Little Rock, say Searcy, and do a nice drive along the Buffalo River. Great roads there with little traffic. Could make it an overnighter.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
sccaGTO said:
Napalm, you didn't take the trip to East TN with some of us. When the weather gets better, we are gonna have to have you on the mountain.
When ever you plan this ride let me know, I would love to meet you guys in or around Tellico Plains. I'm anxious to drive the GTO on the Cherohala Skyway and Deals Gap.

·
Registered
61 Posts
05GTO said:
When ever you plan this ride let me know, I would love to meet you guys in or around Tellico Plains. I'm anxious to drive the GTO on the Cherohala Skyway and Deals Gap.
Oddly enough, when we made this trip the first time, the Dragon was fun, but a little crowded. The Cherohala Skyway was unreal. I think I had more fun on the Skyway. I will let you know when we decide to do this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
JWC said:
Napalm,

I live in Olive Branch and have a black '04. It is not a daily driver, but it comes out on nice weekends. I have only seen a handful of other GTOs on the road since I got mine in mid July. Frequently see a Yellow Jacket in the Walmart lot in OB. Saw a black one with drive-away tag in the rear window yesterday at Perkins and 240.

We need to get something going here in Memphis with the GTO owners (new and old). I know some great roads with curves, hills and good scenery. Usually a decent place to eat along the way.

My e-mail is [email protected].

Looking forward to hearing from other mid-south GTO folks.

JWC
I live in Germantown and am expecting my 06 to arrive within the next 3 weeks. It is PBM/red A4 w/18" wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in Little Rock and would be happy to hang out with some fellow GTO owners. JUst keep us posted on this site and I am game. But lets wait until it warms up so I can hear and feel all the V8 power cruising. Peace and Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I imagine I will call a GTO run through east TN again somewhere in March/April. Actually, if you are planning to go to the GTOAA Nationals in Louisville, KY, we are trying to get a caravan started. That will be from July 11-15, 2006.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts