Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
depends If you were to do it yourself (knowing what you were Doing)
or taking it to a shop to get it done

If I remember GTODEALER Got it down to 4hrs. on an install
am I right Steve?

ahem ahem Steve did say He would install it for free didn't you Steve? You just had to bring it to him:D

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Yes, it takes around 4 hours, (my record time is 4 hrs and 12 minutes), it's taken me as long as 13 hours (dropped a bolt in the oil pan, not a good day). Your average shop charges around $450, if you bring it to me (personally) I would do it for free, but, I'm about 10 vehicles backed up at home.:cheers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
ModBoss2 said:
Awesome...but I never understood the broke part. You broke something after the cam install? Anyway, looked and sounded great.:)
I broke a lot of things before and after the cam install, that was just a "spy video" of why my car broke all the time.:lol: I miss that blue, sexy b*tch.

·
Registered
491 Posts
GTODEALER said:
I broke a lot of things before and after the cam install, that was just a "spy video" of why my car broke all the time.:lol: I miss that blue, sexy b*tch.
You went all out, it appears. I don't want to break things, but I also don't want to build that kind of power either. Still a *maybe* on the heads, a cam and LTs for sure, probably an optimized TB...and a tune, of course. Some other minor upgrades along the way.

b.t.w. Somebody mentioned a clutch upgrade - maybe it was you - it was the LS7 factory unit???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.