Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Haha, not surprising. I took my 06 in a couple of weeks before the free warranty expired for a final check and when i dropped it off they practically begged me for a reason to replace ANYTHING. I kinda scratched my head and said "well I guess the ebrake handle shakes a bit going down the highway?" The service writer got really excited and said "Okay, we'll get one ordered for you and call you when it's in!" I dropped it off a few days later for installation and their mechanic(s) took it on a 15 mile test drive to "confirm the problem". WTF? It's not like I asked for anything to be diagnosed.

Needless to say, It's never going back there.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealership ultimately did buy back the customers car and in return he agreed to take down the youtube video. Don't know what happened to the mechanics.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is exactly why I do my own work. Last time I took a vehicle to a dealer was for body work on my modified silverado. They got body work chemicals all over my raw aluminum Mickey Thompson beadlock wheels, requiring them to be removed, stripped, machine polished, and put back together. Then they stripped out a number of beadlock ring holes, and filled them with loctite, epoxy, and anything else they could find to try and pass it off and not damaged. Then the service manager told me, in exact words, to go **** myself, because he saw a post on fb I put up about the situation. Needless to say, I will never go back. Which sucks, because the next closest dealership is like 25 miles away, this one is 4.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts