Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home from visiting family for Christmas last week I had a gangster dude pull up next to me in a srt8 Charger with a big ass cam in it. Loud, loud loud.

Anyways he pulled up next to me on the highway and hit it. My shift kit is a B&M short throw and is not threaded, so the adhesive came off the shaft and the shift knob became loose. As I went to grab 4th gear doing 70 (didn't really think I needed 3rd) my knob flew off the shaft and I was rollin in neutral. After a couple of seconds I got it in gear and passed him doing about 125...

Even with mods I am still amazed at the slowness of these new dodge cars..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Coming home from visiting family for Christmas last week I had a gangster dude pull up next to me in a srt8 Charger with a big ass cam in it. Loud, loud loud.

Anyways he pulled up next to me on the highway and hit it. My shift kit is a B&M short throw and is not threaded, so the adhesive came off the shaft and the shift knob became loose. As I went to grab 4th gear doing 70 (didn't really think I needed 3rd) my knob flew off the shaft and I was rollin in neutral. After a couple of seconds I got it in gear and passed him doing about 125...

Even with mods I am still amazed at the slowness of these new dodge cars..
" I just really enjoy these stories makes my 06 GTO want to burn rubber "

Sent from my VS910 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Been a while since I posted.

I don't have my GTO anymore.

My current fleet has an A6 Mustang GT 5.0 in it.

Still a huge fan of the GTO.

For a long time now I've commented that the SRT8 cars don't perform in the real wolrd to the numbers they get in the magazines. I think Chrysler gives them ringers to test.

A friend of mine bought a 2011 Challenger SRT8 with the 392 6.4L.

We got to race a couple weeks back.

My car with 14,000 miles, original paper air filter and 235/50/18 street tires versus his car with 4800 miles also bone stock.

Keep in mind his car is the big 6.4L that is supposed to be faster than the Camaro SS and the 5.0.

My best for the day was a very traction limited 12.68 at 113.45. His best was a 13.0x at 110.xx.

My worst for the day was better than his best. Another guy with a 6.1L SRT8 Charger with a CAI, exhaust, tune and DR's was running very high 12's and low 13's.

Those SRT8 cars are just too heavy. Really nice and probably a better car to live with day in and day out than a Camaro or definately than a Mustang, but they just aren't that fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts