Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who here is running a bigger cam? What are the specs and who makes it? What cam could I get without reprogramming the computer? HP increases? How bad will a decent cam kill the gas milage? I had the GM "hot cam" for the LS1 in my 1970 Camaro and had stock ls1 programming and it idled fine and everything. Every now and then it would stall though. Im not looking for that "lumpy" of a cam but something to get like 25hp and still be able to drive everyday. What about 1.8 rockers? Any input would be great...

·
Registered
910 Posts
IFryRice said:
Who here is running a bigger cam? What are the specs and who makes it? What cam could I get without reprogramming the computer? HP increases? How bad will a decent cam kill the gas milage? I had the GM "hot cam" for the LS1 in my 1970 Camaro and had stock ls1 programming and it idled fine and everything. Every now and then it would stall though. Im not looking for that "lumpy" of a cam but something to get like 25hp and still be able to drive everyday. What about 1.7 rockers? Any input would be great...
To go thru all that work for 25 hp..............?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Contact EDC at ls1gto.com, that guy is a cam guru. I've got one of the biggest cams you can put in a Gen3 small block, specs are as follows:
Intake: .603 gross lift, duration @ .050 237 / Exhaust .609 gross lift, duration @ .050 242 LSA is 113, it's called the Magicstick V.3 from Texas Speed and Performance. 400 rwhp is very easy to get, especially in a LS2, simple yet effective modding is all you need. :cheers
BTW, this is what my cam sounds like idling (short but you'll get the idea..)
http://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.php?t=4023
....you'll have to scroll down a little, for some reason my computer hates me this morning.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Comp Cams P/N 54-000-11 Custom Grind LS1 3729R / 3731R HR115.0
Duration @ .050
Intake Exhaust
238 242
Lobe Lift
.3560 .3590
Lobe Sep. 115.0

7.0 Chrome Moly Push Rods
Rev Double Race Springs
Titanium Retainers

+Tune, Clutch, Fly, SLP L/M + Magnaflows

New Dyno Day 03 December :rofl: hoping for cool weather :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.