Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how dificult is a cam install on a 2004 GTO does the front end of the car need to come off? what is involved and strange with doing this?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Oh, for a second I thought you needed my help with something. :lol:

·
Registered
590 Posts
make sure to do the springs and pushrods.

two publications you may want for your collection

How To Build High Performance Chevy LSA/LS6 V-8's
Will Handzel
Cartech Autobooks

Chevy LS1/LS6 Performance
Christopher Endres
HP Books

both from amazon. :cheers

·
Registered
590 Posts
GTODEALER said:
I agree ^^^^^
BTW, westell how does your car run with that cam in it? Dyno #'s? Times? :cheers
pulls like a big dog. the power really pushes the limits of stock clutch and shifter - no doubt. need headers - no doubt. rev limiter at 7000, i really am impressed and heads go in next. once i got the resonators off ran really good. The D/R's help greatly. I haven't dynoed after getting resonators off, but stock i was 310 to the rear wheels (dynojet)

What do you think I should produce ?

with the REV double springs the train noise is a little more than I like, but they shouldn't wear out or fail (i pray daily on this :D )

about 15 GTO's are scheduled for drags at Houston Raceway Park this sunday, sunday, sunday will have some slips then :cool

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
westell said:
pulls like a big dog. the power really pushes the limits of stock clutch and shifter - no doubt. need headers - no doubt. rev limiter at 7000, i really am impressed and heads go in next. once i got the resonators off ran really good. The D/R's help greatly. I haven't dynoed after getting resonators off, but stock i was 310 to the rear wheels (dynojet)

What do you think I should produce ?

with the REV double springs the train noise is a little more than I like, but they shouldn't wear out or fail (i pray daily on this :D )

about 15 GTO's are scheduled for drags at Houston Raceway Park this sunday, sunday, sunday will have some slips then :cool
I would say mid to upper 300's, if you need headers call me..... I can hook you up! :cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts